Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sprung vs Un-Sprung Rear Axle

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by BRENT in 10-uh-C, Dec 13, 2006.

1. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

We were talking in the shop about this and trying to decide the advantages and disadvantages, --and whether it would be worth the time. Since the limiting factor is "hooking up" the rear tire(s), would there be any advantage to using a sprung rear axle? How about it from the "down-under boyz", ...did it make a difference on your car(s)??

Thoughts........

2. QQMOON

QQMOON

Yes sprung made a difference

although unsprung worked quite well and was easy to set up i must say standing on the start line watching the cars launch the unsprung cars left mor violently than the sprung there was defentley a smoother start

now the sprung car used ladder bar and a 36 front spring full pack original and worked great check out the pics in the build up

hope this helps

3. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

When you say "set-up", I am assuming you mean when you are in initial fabrication, it is easier to build an un-sprung car?

Are the ladder bars adjustable to change pinion angle?

Shocks??

4. QQMOON

QQMOON

ladder bars are adjustable shocks are just plain old teliscopics

and yes to set the sprung car up i didnt have my heart in it as i wanted the cars owner to figure it out so i sorta fed him the info to prompt his thinking and then he would change his mind he would have finished the car a month eairler than he did if it wasnt for all the rooting around

But i am glad he listen and went transverse instead of coil over as he was going to it looks so much cleaner and so cool

5. QQMOON

QQMOON

I might add the next sprung car i will do will have either radius rods or hair pins as i dont like the look of the ladder bar its too new looking if ya know what i mean

6. QQMOON

QQMOON

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

I mounted mine solid. My driveshaft is short. I've got my angles set where I want them. I'm knda afraid to have that thing moving around too much under my nuts.

Also, our car has over an over 60/40 rear weight balance. Don't really need any dynamic transfer right now.

8. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

You guys just keep adding on the weight on those under powered cars, We will love seeing you at the starting line.:D :D
    We have no problem getting our unsprung car hooking up.