Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Springfield Mo NSRA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamed58, May 23, 2009.

1. flamed58

flamed58

Here's some pictures of the NSRA event in Springfield, MO, before and during the usual downpour. There's a couple of picture of the "Meet and Greet" which was taken from the inside of Stude-Sled's pickup. It was raining very hard at the time and there was not a very large turn out Ben D and his sons, and could not tell who else was there for the Meet and Greet. The pictures I took today I posted and if I go back tomorrow I'll try to get more. Flamed58 Dusty

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  2. flamed58

flamed58

Here is more

Attached Files:

3. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

thanks for the pics. I was there yesterday in my 37 Willys sedan and came back today with the family in the 41 Willys sedan, but left around 11am as the rain had it such a mess up in the grass area. And it looked like an all day thing. Sorry I missed the meet and greet. Later, Rusty.

4. flamed58

flamed58

Here is some more

Attached Files:

5. flamed58

flamed58

One more time. Dusty

Attached Files:

6. Thanks for posting the pictures. I was there but did not make it to the meet and greet. I got to the fairgrounds just as the downpour started and stayed inside the building til about 12:30. There were some nice cars there and you got some of the better ones.
    Later,
    Dick

7. pecker head

pecker head

Nice pics guy , was there a couple a years ago !

8. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Thanks for the great pics! Missed in again!....need to wrap up my build & get rolling!

9. Abomination

Abomination

Jeez, Howard... are ya EVERYWHERE? :D

~Jason

10. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Couldn't make it this year and was bummed out! Thanks for the pics.

11. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

I see a couple different Studes.
    Thanks.

12. willymakeit

willymakeit

I was there but, was under the cover by the swap meet. Got soaked and had a good time. Seen your trucks Fri. night on Glenstone ,they looked good.

13. jpbanjo

jpbanjo
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Here's a few pics from Friday and Saturday before the skies opened up about noon Saturday. Friday was great sunny tire kicking weather and Saturday started the same. The show was full, when out of nowhere (actually the east) it let loose with a downpour that in this part of the country is called "rainin' like a cow pissin' on a flat rock"
    I tried to make it back to the motel in the roadster between downpours and after plowing through a few big puddles, the electric fuel pump drowned out. Had to bum a ride back to the motel to get the truck and trailer, gathered up the roadster and hauled ass for Tulsa. Just got back a few hours ago after driving through a couple of cloudbursts near Joplin.Another car show for the record books. I hope tomorrow (Sunday) turns out better for the rest of the folks.

[​IMG]
    Some Tulsa guys lined up at the show before the deluge hit.

[​IMG]
    Fellow HAMB'er, Turdytoo from Bentonville stoped by Friday to compare notes on our respective roadsters. His is the good looking one on the right.

14. cheddar

cheddar
    from missouri

thanks for sharing didnt get to go this year.

15. I arrived just as the rain came, spent most of the day hiding in the buildings. Another wasted day for me, should have stayed home. Wife said it was 80+, and sunny, all day. The rain stopped just as we left to find the Outback, that's clear on the wrong side of town. The highlight of the day for me, was stopping in Warsaw to pick up two really large U-haul trucks. We delivered them to Sedalia. I learned they are governed to 75 mph, but with a draft they will just touch 80. Dean

16. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

17. [​IMG]

DANG IT!!! I totally missed seeing Howard's sedan this weekend. Darn rain!!!

18. flamed58

flamed58

Here is more from the show. Dusty

Attached Files:

19. whisky runner

whisky runner

i just walked in the door..spent a few hours there but missed all the swap meet stuff..some guys are afraid of a little moisture i guess :)..i'll get some pics downloaded and post em in a little bit

20. flamed58

flamed58

Some more. Dusty

Attached Files:

21. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Thanks for posting the pictures. I enjoyed our short visit. The lighting strike that knocked out the electricity hit just 50 yards from where we were standing under our canopy. That was something to see.

We had a short ceremony before we left honoring our friend Ed who died this last year. A shot for the road for Ed.

My brother just called and he made it home but got very wet.

Next up is a roadster ride to Indy Goodguys.

John

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  22. flamed58

flamed58

Here is more. Dusty

Attached Files:

23. [​IMG]

I shot some pic's of Jerry's "Elvira" too. Cool car.

24. flamed58

flamed58

One more time. Dusty

Attached Files:

25. flamed58

flamed58

Here is the last. Dusty

Attached Files:

26. whisky runner

whisky runner

27. whisky runner

whisky runner

28. flamed58

flamed58

This car was at the show but i did not get a shot of it. But i took some pictures of this car a few weeks ago. It is a friend of ours and he has had this car since the 60's. He raced it in the 60's. I do not have any original pictures of the car back then, but I am trying to get them, and when I do I will post them. The pictures that I have, they were still working on the car. I know at the fairgrounds, that the car was not complete, but it was still there. Trying to talk him into bringing to MoKan in August, but not sure if he will or not. The car today has a lot more chrome than it had back in the 60'. Flamed58 Dusty

Attached Files:

29. hot rust

hot rust

does anyone know the guy that owns the red coupe race car with the blown olds? he says he will be at the hamb drags and wanted to know the rules. i spoke with him about this website and he said he wasnt a member, but was going to look in to it and join. hard to believe that he hasnt been on here though.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  30. little howard

little howard
    from kcmo

I'm just trying to keep up with that 5-window "Bones" car of Johns.(
    I've had the sedan on the road exactly one year, this weekend, and have just over 16,000 miles on it. )

Howard