Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spring Ritual

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, May 4, 2013.

1. Well, finally its hotrod time again. After a cold wet shitty spring that seemed to last forever, the sun has shined all week, and its 76 degrees outside. So begins the spring ritual of cleaning up the hotrod. Generally its a 3 step thing for me. Back the car out of the garage, do a quick and dirty wash to get all the winters dust and crud off it, and go for a short blast to make sure everything is still working as good as when I parked it in the garage 6 months ago.---Then, bring it home, park it outside where the visibility is really good (garage is kinda dark inside), and make my way very very carefully around the whole car looking for stone chips, and giving each stone chipped area a really good rub with a soft cotton rag and some Prep Sol to get all the wax off that area. Wait an hour for it all to flash off completely and go around the car again with my tiny touch up brush and some color matched paint from the dealer. A dab here, a dab there, nothing heavy enough to run.--just want to fill in the stone chip---We're not really worried about a total color match yet. Wait an hour---go around with tiny touch up brush again and do the same thing. Now the stone chips are mostly filled in, and mostly the same color as the rest of the car. Now, wait for a week for all the touch up paint to dry thoroughly, and do a proper scrub and bubbles wash and chamois job, then two coats of the best car wax I can buy, polished between coats. HaH--Now I;m ready for another summer of fun with the Wild Canary!!!---Brian