Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Spring is here in Ohio! - Took the ole' 32 Cab out for a ride

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bored&Stroked, Mar 16, 2015.

1. It always seems like winter is long - maybe just because we don't see a lot of sun in Ohio in the winter and there isn't a whole lot to do outdoors. (Of course, I'll count my blessings as compared to the winter my brother has had in Boston!).

Decided to take the 32 Cab out for a run yesterday, wanted a bit of 'seat time' to just enjoy the warmer days (was about 45 or so) and feel like there is hope again.

Feeding the 'Iron Pony' . . .

2015-03-15 12.38.17 copy.jpg
    It doesn't really matter if your car isn't 100% done - just get them outdoors and drive em! (Hell, I'm running rebuilt mechanical brakes, I don't have the new engine done, fenders and hood aren't on, etc).

Short Video . . . . Ahhhhh, just to be on the road again.

Enjoy!

B&S

deuce354, gonzo, gwhite and 3 others like this.
  2. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

still snow and Salt here in Buffalo, getting close though....thanks for the video getting ready to do the same hopefully soon

3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great ride - thanks for the lift !

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

doing what it is all about - plenty of people have nice rides in nicer weather and still do not leave the garage.

5. Looks like you got a nice day,got to be fun!

6. brady1929

brady1929

Sweet hot rod

7. I drove the Deuce sedan to work today,they weather man says we will see 80 today. HRP

8. Sure is good for the HotRod Soul now isn't it! I didn't have ANY of my HotRods to drive for many years (all taken apart in different stages of 'completion' or in storage some damn place) - my new mode of operation is to ensure that I always have at least one that I can get into and drive - it provides the fun, inspiration and motivation to get back to work on the others and helps overcome the procrastination that is the nemesis of all meaningful HotRod work.

Get em' out there boys . . . you'll be glad you did!

D

9. slowmotion

slowmotion

Good for you man! It's been a real 'old time' winter here this year. Damn near see the light at the end of the tunnel finally.:)

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

got a spare 283 if you need it :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Fun! thanks for the video

12. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Great video! Really cool! We should have spring here in Ontario in a week or two.

13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool cabriolet(?).. Had the A coupe out today myself...

14. What are yah saying Larry . . . that my 59AB that sat in a garage for 55 years isn't running well enough for the old girl I mean, heck . . . it must have close to 100 HP. :eek: It will have over twice that soon . . . and I'll bet it could take on a 283 when it does - well okay, a mild one!

What is fun is that for those who just want a nice, fun and reliable old 30's Ford, A-V8, etc. -- who think they need something big and bad-ass, it really isn't necessary. These old stock 100 HP flatheads have a ton of Torque and move these light cars down the road pretty well. May not win any drag races, but a good solid fun ride none the less.

I'm glad that I decided to "just see" if I could get the car running "as is" . . . as I've had a lot of fun with it as the museum piece it it . . . as my 6 month 41/42 full-race flathead build is going on a year!

gwhite and 3wLarry like this.
  15. Nobey

Nobey

I'm glad to see you taking your test bench out for a ride, and she's a BUTE ......

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Zoar, Ohio

Aint it great. Last weeks rains cleaned the salt off the roads.
    Didn't get mine out was busy finishing up the pickup.
    Thanks for the ride. That flathead sounds perky.

17. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I'm getting mine ready to hit the exhaust shop as soon as the snow pile in front of my garage door melts! hoping to get it roughed out and road worthy this summer

18. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I know how you feel. I drove my pickup to work yesterday, first time out since November! Had to crank over the hemi a few times for sure, but it fired up, and off I went. First ride of the year feels so fine...

19. Southfork

Southfork

Enjoying the picture. Are you using stock '32 front motor mounts for the 59A flatty in your Cab? When you get your race flatty finished , what motor mounts will you use??

20. richard price

richard price

Thanks for the ride!!

21. That's cool! And incentive to get my Tudor running.
    I'll be looking at it on a regular basis.
    Thanks!

22. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

where did u find a road that wasn't full of potholes ?

23. I will use the same/stock 32 mounts - as they work quite well. I will also shave off the 'bull horn' mounts on the 59AB pumps and profile them to fit the block as best as possible (casting determines final profile). This should make a 59X look a hell of a lot better in a 32 (at least in my opinion).

24. DaveH_RRTX

DaveH_RRTX

Sweet sounding flatty! Thanks for taking us on the ride with you.

25. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

took mine for a short blast this winter when we had a break from sub zero temps...should be ready to go once the salt is gone...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  26. Makes you see why Bonnie & Clyde were so found of the V8 ford Thanks for posting