Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spring Charlotte Autofair 2011 ( April 7/April 10)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Well, I've been there for the GoodGuy's event, but never for Spring Charlotte Autofair, Can't wait. I will be there with some friends Friday and Saturday are there any secrets I should know about, where to park or where to start? What's up with the IRON LORDS SWAP CITY SHINDIG, can anyone attend and if so, where is it? I will most definitely stop by HAMB village, so look for 4 Canadians enjoying the warm and sunny weather.

How far away is Dennis Carpenter's shop, is it worth checking out?

See you soon,

Eric

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

IRON LORDS AFTER PARTY IS OPEN INVITE TO ALL!!!!!! Stop on by Saturday night. We're about 10 minutes from the speedway.

3. Have you got an address of something, as I'm sure the GPS won't find anything on Iron Lords!

Thanks

4. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Their shop is on church st in concord next door to dominos pizza. It will be the place with all the sweet rides parked out front.

5. Shawn M

Shawn M

606 Church St

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Look out for a thread Early this week on the detail of the IRON LORDS PARTY.

606 Church St N, Concord, NC 28025

7. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Eric, You coming down w Larry Hill?

Later,Bill

8. Thanks for the address and info.

And yes novatattoo, I am coming down with Larry and Peter! And you I guess?

Later

Eric Hill

9. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

YES SIR! :D:D

Later, Bill

aka Willy to Larry

10. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Wear comfortable shoes. Inside is some nicer stuff, outside is where you frequently find the yardsale stuff and lots of weird stuff. It takes all 3 days and you may still not see everything. The people who rent scooters are not lazy, they are smart. Bring a wagon or handtruck to lug all the crap.....uh, treasures around.

11. I'll be there with reece and hotrod willie slingin parts as always orange field xxo 4and5. Look forward to seeing everyone!

12. Just started a thread about this, but if there is anyone from the Salem, VA area coming to the Auto Fair, I have an early Dodge 4 cyl engine that needs a ride to the show, so that I can take it home!

Brad54 and I should be at the show on Fri.

13. crazyjay

crazyjay

Can anyone tell me the cost to put a car in the car corral? Is it one price for the 4 days? Also will that get me in or will I have to pay to get in as well?.....Thanks

14. Pretty sure it is one price for 4 days & it is north of $100 for a car. Maybe even $150. I think that gets you passes for 4 days for two people though. (an $80 value @ the gate is 2 did that for 4 days).

JH

15. ecode ragtop

ecode ragtop
    from illinois

Dennis's shop is 1&1/2 mile from the speedway on hwy 29 yes it is worth the time to stop and see it a lot of neat stuff! Tom

16. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I'll be down again this year, I'll have to get some people's numbers to meet up with, I think we're staying Thursday and Friday night this year.

17. ems customer service

ems customer service

we'll be there red field

18. Looks like I found a ride for the engine- thanks Butch!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You've got wheels at the Lords HQ too Mac!!!

20. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember to wear shoes without holes in the soles! vic

21. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I need to ask my wife if I can go. The last time I went to Charlotte missed 4 days of my life and have no idea want happen.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

22. LOL! Brad'll be picking them this Friday when he comes up- thanks for babysitting them!!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  23. roadkiII

roadkiII
    from charlotte

i'll be there

24. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Bought me an orange field spot off a friend. A place to rest my weary feet each day. :) No haulin crap a mile out to the truck.

We're in good now Eric :D

Later,Bill

25. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I will be at the Autofair Friday and Saturday and plan on going to the Iron Lords Shindig Saturday afternoon!

Randy, I will drop by your spot, probably Friday. I usually start on that side of the track and work my way across.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  26. Your the man Bill!!!

27. Frank Morawski and I will be bringing the Carrillo roadster for the AACA show on Saturday.
    It looks like the show is held outside the Smith Tower, not inside the track where the swap meet spaces are located.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  28. Tacson

Tacson

Trying to put somethings in place to come over from Nashville, TN. I have been to 4 or 5 Fall Meets but never the spring. Is it crazy to think I can find a room under $80 within 30 miles of the track this close to the event? I would be at the meet Friday and Saturday heading out Sunday morning if I can get things worked out.

29. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

You should be able to find something under a hundred. Try kannapolis. Its pretty close to concord.

30. Flying out of Oz thursday to LA ,will be in Charlotte april 2 to visit rellos so by shear arse I will be able to go to Auto Fair I will keep an eye out for HAMB village......