Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spring Charlotte Autofair 2011 ( April 7/April 10)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The big swap meet at Charlotte is less than a month away :D :D

A lot of HAMBERS have swap meet spaces and a few of us have them close to each other. I have had mine for over 30 years ... over 20 years in the same spaces. Modifiedriver and I have spots directly across from each other.
    We were friends and neighbors long before the HAMB became a reality. Our little area of the speedway has turned into HAMB Village. :)

Be sure to drop by and say HELLO ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the location map

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. flamed34

flamed34

Counting down the days. Spring and Fall swaps are two of my "vacations", even though it's work to dig out and load parts, drive down, unload, give away stuff for substantially less than I paid, load up at the end, unload, and make my way back to Raleigh!

Fortunately, since it starts on my birthday, I'll be too busy to focus on turning 40!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

And don't forget the IRON LORDS SWAP CITY SHINDIG aka the Autofair After party on Saturday night the 9th. Word on the street is the Belmont Playboys are playing again, & Pulled Pork sandwiches, and banana pudding will be served compliments of your local Iron Lords!

Should have more details in the next few days or so. OPEN INVITE!!!

4. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Swap Meet time!!! My favorite time of the year!!!

And the Iron Lords' Swap City Shindig will be the dessert! Everybody come!!! Music, good food, great cars, and awesome people!!!!!!

5. I don't have any bells to wear, but I'll be there (swap and shindig) just the same!

Anything happening Friday night?

6. williebill

williebill

Last time I went was in the 80s...being self employed/retail kills weekends...so I have a stupid question...any reason to go just for Sunday? How many vendors leave after Saturday? 20% ? 50% ? 75% ?
    I know all the $500 deuce roadsters will be gone by the time I can get there,but will the last day be worth a damn?

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Sometimes the last day is the best day. You can get some killer deals on stuff vendors don't want to load back up and take home.

8. Kennedy & I will be there! Can't wait!

Are they doing the auto auction at the Autofair or at the Metrolina facility this year?

JH

9. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Hell, you can find tons of free stuff people have left in the field.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Get to our Party guys!!

11. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

You are about 30 years or more LATE for the $500 Deuce roadsters ... :)
    I gave $450 for a real nice Deuce frame @ Charlotte in 1977 ...

:D

Sunday is usually a bust after 11 o'clock or so ... but good deals are there to be had. The vendors will LOTS of stuff are still loading up and a lot of them are more than willing to cut the price so they do NOT have to load it ... one more time.

12. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there in the HAMB Village just up the aisle behind my landlord Frankie Four Fingers' rampback truck. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Tudor, you're out? No WOO HOO? vic

13. DMC

DMC
    from SC

I'll be there Friday or Saturday.

14. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

woohoo. this is my non-negotiable weekend of nothing but hotrods. we've been in the greenfield just outside the tunell at the fence line for about 15 or 18 years. will be back. hope to run ya'll down.

15. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Look forward to meeting some or most of ya'll. Be there Friday, and maybe Sunday.

16. First time for me, now that I'm closeby. WOOHOO!!

17. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

we will be there . we have a spot in the green field. wish i could make the iron lords open house but i just cant. got to be back in cincy friday night. maybe next year. you iron lords were a cool bunch of cats at detroit!

18. Are there any green field spots left??

19. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

There are always vacant spaces for the past few years. NOT in the BLUE FIELD or the ORANGE FIELD ... but in the GREEN FIELD :) :)

I have been you can buy them before the event with your credit card ... up to 2 weeks before the event. I HAVE NOT done it but I have heard folks say they did.

20. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

As it stands so far I'm probably going Saturday.

21. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Gonna go on saturday and hit up the Iron Lords afterwards. Unfortunately I will be in my crappy s10 this time.

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Nice to meet you and your wife last night ...
    be sure to drop by my spots in HAMB village on Saturday.

Randy

23. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

It was a pleasure meeting you as well Randy and we'll be sure to stop by.

24. Thanks for the response Randy. Buy through AACA? I was looking for a place to park the truck closer than the spectator parking. Hauling stuff out a mile isn't very appealing.

25. After 4:00 PM everyday you can get a permit for free to go into all the fields and pick up your parts.

26. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

27. Some of those sellers stuff has more miles on it being hauled back and forth to AutoFair than they ever got on the road!

28. 66chicken

66chicken
    from dallas tx

coming up from texas, is the after party open to anybody? if so where is it at? i went last year to swap & had a blast, anything else to see while i am that way?

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Our After party on Saturday is more like an open house with a band and food and cars. SO YEAH OPEN TO EVERYBODY!!!!! C'mon out and break bread with us and if you have a cool car by chance park it out front!!!

30. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I knew ther'd be a thread started by now for Charlotte. I'll be down Friday and Saturday.

See you kids in 3 weeks.

later,Bill