Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spring carlisle meet and greet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jreeder41, Mar 22, 2010.

1. I always go and end up finding something I didn't know I couldn't live without!:rolleyes:

2. jreeder41

jreeder41

There is a lot of stuff you can't live without at Carlisle!

3. Yea there's always something that you didn't know you needed. We went to a swap meet in Frederick, Md last weekend and a friend bought a Soap Box Derby racer :rolleyes:, I can honestly say we have never had one of those on our "shopping list" :D. It's now going to be painted up with Moon Discs and hung from the ceiling.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  4. Tell Meade He's too big to get in those things any more!!:D

5. jreeder41

jreeder41

See who knew you needed one of those:D

6. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Will be there on friday pulling the wagon listen for the Cowbell !

7. Cheapstreet duster

Cheapstreet duster
    from georgia

is there an event for Hokey ass cars...at carlisle ...?
    if not there should be one...
    cheapst

8. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

Ill be there for most of the day on friday

9. plmczy

plmczy

Will be there saturday

10. I will be there Friday :D. Tried to get Coker Tire to deliver 4 wide whites but they did not have my size wanted. Also I need 4 nice clean 15" steel wheels to fit my '51 Ford (need 6" wide, not stock 5").
    Plans: Walk a mile-eat a sub, Walk a mile-Drink a large soda, walk a mile-eat again, etc, etc, etc.
    Will stop by H.A.M.B. vendors for Meet & Greet.

11. Hey Paulei9fingers:
    Yea there's always something that you didn't know you needed. We went to a swap meet in Frederick, Md last weekend and a friend bought a Soap Box Derby racer :rolleyes:, I can honestly say we have never had one of those on our "shopping list" :D. It's now going to be painted up with Moon Discs and hung from the ceiling.

That was me you bought the Soap Box Derby from...That was what I wanted to do with the car...Would love to see a photo when finished!

Will be there Friday also, you never know what you might need. Last year I bought 2 great old Indian Blankets there for some great looking seat covers.:cool:
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

12. Wow, small world :D

ps - I already wrote down the spaces you guys listed so we'll try to make sure we say hey when we make the rounds.

13. vette man

vette man

I will stop in with some of my Hot Hod Friends and say hi sat ..... we will be going to look for deals and get a ham egg and cheese sandwich under the pavilion behind the grandstand then for lunch around noon get a hot italion sausage sandwich in the middle of the fleemarket grounds........ might even buy car parts!

14. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

Is it worth going on Sunday? This will be my first time attending. Also what time do most of the vendors start packing up for the day on Sat night?

15. 270283

If I were you, I would try for Saturday at the latest. I think it's pretty much a ghost town on Sunday.

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I'll be there friday , lookin' around

17. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Arrive Wed for set up, pack up Saturday night. Feel free to stop, rest, set down your parts, shoot the breeze, watch a movie !!! Popcorn all day long
    Big Bob Moonlight Movies NJ 15-17 See you there !!!

18. It starts to dwindle around Sat eve but it is best to let the traffic die down as everyone is just sitting in line you may as well get some chicken corn soup, a coffee, and some shoe fly pie at Stoltzfus and catch the last of the vendors. Here is how it usually goes down. Wednesday the vendors are out buying from each other and scoping out what is out there, Thursday the smart people hit the aisles for the desired parts. Friday is huge, get there early as it is a crowded day. Saturday usually mobbed with the people who bring girlfriends and french fry money, still worth going another get there early day. Sunday, still ok but the tail end and 25% vendors left Sat. nite for the long drive home. Strangely enough I sold a 55 Chevy truck one year on Sunday around 2pm. at truck show, fields were empty, but one lucky guy got a deal!

19. jreeder41

jreeder41

Wanted to bump this up before we leave. We are going down wed afternoon. Looking forward to meeting some fellow hambers.

20. Hey All,

My spaces are M 116-119...I'll be there Thursday by Noon. Stop By and say Hi.

Murph:cool:

21. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow Hambers. Just a reminder for the shopping list, it doesn't have to be a car item as most of you know. The retro stools in my rec room are the real deal at $20 each (not repops). The yellow stars on the counter are original 50's Pontiac dealer display pieces turned on end. Many other smaller vintage pieces and most of the 18th scale die cast cars on display are all from Carlisle.

Happpy hunting everyone!

Attached Files:

22. A quick rundown of who's gonna be where;

Member__________Space

bigbob55 . . . . . . . NJ 15-17
    jreeder41 . . . . . . NN 17-19
    playtag . . . . . . . . F 68-69
    bob308 . . . . . . . . K 44-45
    tomt . . . . . . . . . . II 29
    vintageauto . . . . . M 116-119

See yall tomorrow :D

23. BaltoBeater

BaltoBeater

I'm heading up tomorrow morning and again Saturday morning. I wrote down the locations, so I'll try to stop by and show my face. By chance if anybody vending up there gets this before tomorrow morning, I'm looking for 700r4 parts (especially a shifter), 250 L6 parts, a set of Smithy's and parts for my 52 chevy. If anyone has anything, let me know.

Cheers
    Josh
    443-804-0530

24. jreeder41

jreeder41

Picked up a minibike, sun engine analyzer, 2 bear head aimers, left exhaust manifold and an A radiator today. All things I had to have!:D

25. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Was good to be the first Hamber to find you today. Yep, cool stuff you scored today! Hope more Hambers show up tomorrow just to show we are real............................

26. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Walked my ass of yesterday at Carlisle ! My friend & I walked the ENTIRE swap meet looking for shoebox Ford parts (both have one) . Looked for HAMB guys , saw some friends - met up with BigBob early on - bought a movie from him (good meetin' ya , Bob) . Only problem was , I should've bought the other movies I wanted to , cause I didn't find hardly anything I was lookin' for & in the end , it turned out that I didn't need to save money for that :( . Good day all around though , and it was even around 70 & sunny ... that doesn't happen that often on a Carlisle weekend for me ;) . Best part was , I had off work for the day !

27. Missed the meet and greet again:(. Stayed around the spot vending. As you guys walked I talked all day, trying to be personable and informative to those who are not sure why they even came! The best part that had us all laughing all day was the Led/Sled yellow chop who parked across from me. He had a squirter rigged in his trunk that shot water out at the unbeknownst through the license plate bolts. It was hilarious, especially those who looked up in the sky to see if it was raining:eek::D. I wish I could have videoed it. Some people would jump and others would stand there getting soaked and then realize there jeans were wet like they had an accident:D. One guy thought it was a motion sensor and would keep waving his hand across the trunk to get it to squirt again. Puzzled as that did not work and scratching his head the two little teenies that were hitting the button from 20 feet away would get him again. Determined as his buddies watched he would wave his hands at another location around the back of the car, when that did not work they would blast him again:D:D:D:D:D. He finally left clueless. It was better than my best Carlisle story of the Gasser/Sausage epic of years ago. If we could have videoed it it would have placed on AFV. I'm still laughing :D. Too cool! Carlisle was a homerun as I was leaving a guy came buy and bought my whole layout:eek::D. You just never know how it will fair out. Its Saturday and time to cut grass, good luck for those who go today!:)

28. Oh, one last laugh. My friend took his 61 Chevy bubble pro-street, a nice car, that had everybody looking. It is a 454. Ok, a guy walks up and says to his buddy, "I tink itza treeninysix ora forohnine". You gotta love Carlisle and people, sometimes it is a real hoot, I needed the laughs.:D

29. That squirter thing's an old trick. Posie had one plumbed to the grayhound radiator cap on his '34 way back in the 70's.

30. Yeah I know just like the dollar on a string prank, but it sure was fresh yesterday and was very entertaining, glad nobody got angry, heard one comment, "some people never grow up", said a little on the sarcastic side but overall most took it lightheartedly. For me, I still go to Toys R Us, I have to get older but not old:).