Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spraying Flake in a HVLP system

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmbuellist, May 31, 2009.

1. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Can you do it? I haven't painted in years but I am ready to drag out my equipment and paint a few vehicles I have that need It. In the early 90'S I bought one of eastwoods HVLP Turbine Systems--did many a paint job I was happy with. My question is --Can I spay flake thru this system--I know you say you blow the flake--but at less than 15lb's of pressure ,is it going to work?

2. hotflint

hotflint

I would think that if you have a large enough tip size for the flake to go through that it would be ok. the theory behind the HVLPs is that there is more volume coming from the gun So that less material is wasted in the aspiration of materal (more hits the panel rather than going into the air as with the traditional style gun.

3. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

i used a accuspray a few times to spray flake and had no problem...

4. 53210

BANNED
    from canada

As long as the tip can handle the flake size,I see no reason why not

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. stovbolt

stovbolt

I'll let you know in a few days going to try it on my comet strictly experimentall you know never done it befor!

6. yes it can be done. make sure that you use a 2.0 or larger tip size depending on the size of the flake. bump your pressure up a touch more & have fun.

7. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

I've already bought some Roth flake--don't know what size it is

8. Sprout

Sprout

Like said before, Larger tip size and bump up the air pressure a bit and you'll have no problems.