Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Spotlight question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jreeder41, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jreeder41

jreeder41

image.jpg image.jpg Any hints on how to remove the handle on this spotlight? There is a flathead screw on the bottom but it just turns? I need to get the switch out so I can re wire the switch. Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I have a couple spots like that & had one apart already . Can't remember off the top of my head how I did it (sorry , it's been at least a year) . The way I'm remembering is , at the end of the plastic handle , just inside the chrome bit , is a gear . I believe on that gear is a slot that locates it & keeps it from falling off . Maybe it's held on by that cross-screw , or maybe that tapered-looking insert ? Maybe a clip of some sort ? Like I said , it's been a while . I wish I could remember exactly , cause I HAVE had one apart . I do remember that it didn't just come apart like I'd hoped it would , LOL !
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help .

3. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Try putting the saft with the splines in it and the try and back out the screw

4. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Shaft not saft sorry bout that

5. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

Jon take the shaft with the splines and pit it in it should lock the handle so the screw well come out then I thin there's another screw and the bottom of the base comes off...been a while since I had one of them apart...also I thin the wire is hard soldiered to a fiberboard

6. jreeder41

jreeder41

Alright. Thanks guys and former employees lol!!