Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sport coupe to coupe conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 10, 2010.

1. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

I know there have been a million threads on coupesters but I wanna go the opposite direction and put coupe roof panels on my 29 sport coupe. Anybody done it? I'm just wondering if the quarter window section is the same length and if the area around the package tray is different once the tack strip for the soft top is removed. Any advice is much appreciated.

2. If you can find the top pieces from a 28-29 standard coupe it is a bolt on. The pieces are HARD to find. Good Luck

3. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

The Coupe roof and side panels will bolt right on as mentioned. If you do this "Sell me the top bow brackets that attach to the "B" pillar and the landua Irons and hardware" I'm looking for it for my 28 sport coupe.

The Old Tinbasher

4. Reds 29

Reds 29

I got a '29 sport coupe rear and a standard coupe top and it bolted together without a problem. Someone had cut the B pillars off of the sport coupe rear section, so I had to fit some inner B pillars, but that wasn't difficult. There was a wood piece around the back of the sport coupe rear that I just removed. I eliminated the package tray, but it would have fit just fine. Ford used the same rear quarters for sport coupes, standard coupes, and special coupes, in 28-29.
    Red

5. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I converted mine from a sports to a regular coupe - it all bolts together - as a matter of fact there was a tin top in the classifieds yesterday.

6. Just converted mine sport coupe into a standard coupe, here is a link to the project.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336485

Lars

Attached Files: