Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spool Hub Motorcycle Wheels on a Model T Axle ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lilbill, Jul 21, 2012.

1. lilbill

lilbill
    from arkansas

I picked up an ooolllld homemade trailer today that has a model T axle under it (welded spindles). It has a pair of 3.00X18 motorcycle style rims laced to heavy duty spool hubs that fit the model T spindles like they were made for it. It's too dark right now to get pics of them but they look just like the wheels on the front of this old electric car. Anybody know anything about them or ever seen a set before ? The spokes are threaded with nipples, not welded in like most old car wheels.

Attached Files:

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There were several different brands of accessory wheels made for the Model T spindles. This is likely one of them.

3. F&J

F&J

That age of car in the pic would have "clincher" tires. That means a deep groove in the beads that the curled rim edge fits into. A so called normal wheel, is called a straight side, as it has no deep groove.

Without knowing more it's just wild guesses.

I suppose it could be 3 wheeler Servicycle motorcycle from 30s or 50s if straight side, but it could be older airplane :)

4. lilbill

lilbill
    from arkansas

here's some pics. judging from the way they fit the unmodified spindles, i'm pretty sure that they were made to fit a model t axle rather than being a wheel from something else that was made to fit ?

Attached Files:

5. F&J

F&J

They don't look like any aftermarket old wheels for any T that I have ever seen. They look like you said in post 1, motorcycle type