Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sponsor's

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by REJ, Oct 20, 2006.

1. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I know it was mentioned in another thread about not having sponsors for this class, but my machine shop guy is going to do my motor for parts only. He is not charging me any labor if I help him, which I intend on doing.
    Do we have a problem with putting his machine shop name on the dragster as a sponsor? I feel I owe him this much as he is doing this because he is in to this almost as much as I am.

2. I would think that would be just fine. I'm sure we'll have people helping out on ours and a nice sticker of appreciation will be welcomed.

3. ThingyM

ThingyM

I'm in the same situation, But I'm just going to do it(on side of car) Since I am out here in Cal. And probably will never be in Arkansas. Just do it, We already have people looking at these as fillers at the races.Sponsor time...

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Of course... that would be fine.

5. Rand Man

Rand Man

I've invested quite a bit in the Miller Brewing Company over the years. Maybe I should ask for some payback. I hear they've been known to sponsor race cars.

6. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

We have everbody's name on our car that has helped us,thats the way its done.

7. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Hell, if I put everyones name on the car thats helped us, the car would look like the
    "Who's Who of Kansas City Racing". I'm definately going to put the machine shop name and logo on the car.

Ron

8. This came up in my search for a sponsorship thread. I wanted to post this photo courtesy of speedhunters of a cool car and even cooler sponsor. Our country has way more donut shops than bars, which may be why I think this is so neat. The nearest thing to a sponsorship situation for me was back in high school when we asked the local funeral parlour if we could paint skull and cross bones on the hood and letter HERE COMES ……… FUNERAL HOME of our demolition derby car. They paid us the 10 bucks but only let us letter the last names of the funeral home partners. It was a compromise, but still cool. Does anyone else have cool sponsorship photos? F1CFB87F-C9B7-4022-8B89-2C418F7C047F.jpeg