Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spokane Guys. hamb & eggs Sat new location.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldebob, Jun 17, 2010.

1. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Lots of stuff going on this Sat. Some of the gang is getting together at the Otis Grill, Harvard Rd and East Wellsley in Otis Orchards. 8AM. If you are free ,show up. Maybe take a little cruise afterwards. They have pretty good chow. See ya there I hope.

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Wellesley - I seem to remember cruising a Panda Drive-In at Division and Wellesley in the late 50s/early 60s - very hot spot to see Spokane's finest. Dave Johnson's beautiful custom 53/54 GM car (can't recall - seem to remember it started out as a Chev, but I'm old and my memories are starting to crinkle. There was also a great look 59 Fury - purple panel paint job, Speedy Gunsaulis' T-Bucket with vette FI, another well-known Spokane bucket with a Stude V8 - owner's name escapes me. Seeing the Dukes out in force and at the car shows, racing and watching racing out at Deer Park. Good times for a boy from Clarkston

dj

3. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Spokane is still a good car town, Dukes are still around , Panda Drive In is history, Speedy's son John is a Hamber, Deer park drags are just a reunion now. Drive on up .you could make it by SAT morning. ;)

4. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

Bob,
    You buyin?....................I'll be there!

5. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

NO, just be there.

6. I was up there last weekend, wish I'd known - did catch a car show on Saturday though!

7. Thanks for sharing a cool story about the good ole' days in Spokane. Make's me wish I had a time machine to go back and attend those cruise nights and drags in person.