Register now to get rid of these ads!

Splendora, TX junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyfords, Dec 26, 2011.

  1. There's a small junkyard in Splendora, TX (north of Houston on I-59) that seems to be liquidating pretty much everything in the yard.

    I drove up to it and peeked over the fence (no one was there) a couple days ago and it seems to be mostly 40's, 50's and 60's stuff, although I did spot a Model T and some older stuff.

    There was a ton of tri-five Chevy stuff and a lot of Mopar...and what looked like a mid 60's Mercury full-size hardtop with a big block badge and bucket seats.

    I'll try to go back by there this week and get a phone number from the guy. Until then....for anyone interested, you take 59 north from Houston to the Splendora exit, do a u-turn onto the southbound frontage road and keep looking to the right...it's not too far after you turn around.

    The word is that he's clearing it all out. I'll verify that this week.
     
  2. choppernick
    Joined: Jan 29, 2010
    Posts: 13

    choppernick
    Member
    from humble tx

    Nice! ive drove past that place for years and i cant belive they are actually selling some stuff! keep me posted!
     
  3. honeyman
    Joined: May 24, 2010
    Posts: 330

    honeyman
    Member
    from Steiner

    "lot of MoPar", any specifics...50's, 60's, etc.?
     
  4. There's a 53 Plymouth sitting in plain sight...4 door.

    Most of the other Mopar was later than that though....60's stuff.
     
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

  5. GTSDave
    Joined: Jan 10, 2008
    Posts: 133

    GTSDave
    Member

    Cool Keep us posted if you get a chance to have a look around. Most of my stuff is Mopar.

    -Dave
     
  6. black240
    Joined: Apr 4, 2011
    Posts: 201

    black240
    Member
    from Houston

    I am looking for a Model A. Might need to go check this out. A driver just told me about it 5 mins. ago that its right on the feeder coming south bound.
     
  7. texasred
    Joined: Dec 3, 2008
    Posts: 1,060

    texasred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Houston

    Been there a few times, mostly 4 door, mostly crap, and always over priced....
     
  8. DJLATIN
    Joined: Sep 16, 2010
    Posts: 613

    DJLATIN
    Member

    4 doors don't do me any good but would be worth going to try and score some stainless.
     
  9. gnichols
    Joined: Mar 6, 2008
    Posts: 10,682

    gnichols
    Member
    from Tampa, FL

    Splendora? Wasn't that a show car back in the 50's? Or was that Spendora? Gary
     
  10. oldcarfart
    Joined: Apr 12, 2005
    Posts: 1,437

    oldcarfart
    Member

    I'd rather a HAMB friendly more-door than late model ricer.
     
  11. DJLATIN
    Joined: Sep 16, 2010
    Posts: 613

    DJLATIN
    Member

    Props to you, i only own Chevrolet's and don't deal in jap junk.
     
  12. Kyle Counsil
    Joined: Jun 11, 2008
    Posts: 188

    Kyle Counsil

    I have been up there "back in a day" and everything was WAY over priced, he used to have some cars over on FM1314 before sorters rd. Back before they widened 1314 and they moved them all over to Splendora.
     
  13. DJLATIN
    Joined: Sep 16, 2010
    Posts: 613

    DJLATIN
    Member

    So being that it will be "liquidated" you think he's going to sell them as though he has gold infront of him or selling because he's done with it all aka "make an offer and sold" type price? I've seen the location in the past but never really cared to stop and take a look around.
     
  14. texasred
    Joined: Dec 3, 2008
    Posts: 1,060

    texasred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Houston

    The guy that works the yard told us the county was on their ass to get rid of it, My buddy got a few 57 chevy trim pieces for his s/w. 95% of the yard is junk and over priced junk at that, the other 5% is copper heads......
     
  15. I noticed that he now has an ad on Craigslist. He must be getting some pressure to move the stuff out.

    And yes....most of it is junk, but IT'S A JUNKYARD!

    Better that some of us pull some parts and pieces that we need before it all gets crushed.

    http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2706206130.html
     

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.