Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Spirit of South Dakota LSR lakester/rear enigine roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Some damage to the foam/drywall plug but since I started this with NO knowledge and skills I am happy!

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Nice job on the nose piece , Tim Jones

3. Lookin good Trent.......

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

5. Thanks guys!

6. Got a nice skim coat of Evercoat Rage on the nose. I needed a break from mitering tubes and breaking bits and holesaws.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The splash method left a surface that was darn smooth after a brief knockdown with the sander. There will be little to no filler left there when blocked down, that mud is thin.

7. Sharpedo

Sharpedo

Looking Good, actually that nose kind of reminds me of one of these.

Attached Files:

8. Yeah, Rutans stuff probably subliminally influenced the shape.

9. Yeah, Rutans stuff probably subliminally influenced the shape. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Yea either that or a bent up tent from Bonney......................

10. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the fact that there is no where to hide when you put it out there for all to see. But then, that's one of the great things about this place. You've grabbed an alligator by the tail Trent, but you're holding on rather well. Enjoying the (albeit slow) ride.:)

11. Slow?! :eek:Bonneville is a calculated effort. For everything you see, this one man show is doing 5 other things. That and the bi-monthly burnout/stall/parts chasing fun. All this on a budget of NOTHING. Yes landracing is expensive, add a year or two if you don't use credit cards!:D

12. Gator

Gator

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Roger that. Building on a budget of next to nothing tends to cramp progress at times. At least we have lots of in between time for engineering. :p

14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Of course you're right gents. No criticism meant. I am aware that for every hour spent in the garage there are several hours of research, ciphering, engineering, parts chasing, and visualization. Fantastic to build something this cool out of nothing. :)

15. No worries, I knew what you meant!:)

16. Enough back slapping, get back to work!

17. Ok Trent get off the computer and back out in the garage!!!!!!

18. Yeah! what he said. I was just checking in to see if anything had happened in a while. Nope. :rolleyes:

19. Been in the garage, will post some new shots soon. Lots of behind the scenes stuff going on. Shopping for a Minihome to roadtrip with and pull the racecar...................shhhhhhhhhh, dont tell Carla about the racecar part. She thinks it is for our house guests at teh ranch and to camp a couple times a year with the kid! ;)

20. Good thinking. It's always best to try and decieve the woman. :rolleyes:

21. well nother week has gone by and we need to see progress!!!

22. Getting some stuff done Carl. I have some shots to upload when I have the time.

23. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For Carl, things are farther along. but this will give you an idea.

BTW, you suck if you don't join us for Speedweek!

24. You think I would finish that sheetrock!?!?!?!

25. You think I would finish that sheetrock!?!?!?!

Yea but then you would have to move the car and that would stop progress..........

priorities Trent priorities ...........
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

26. I would take the "sheetrock" outside to do that but then again, I don't live in California.....anymore.
    Tubing looks great.

27. Keep working Trent!

28. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Y'know, thats starting to look like something! Nice work. the tubing work looks terriffic.

29. I really like the location of the gearshift lever !!!!

30. Not following that one Carl?

I need to get some plates cut and then I can mock up the front axle. You can see the front uprights behind the glass nose.