Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Spirit of South Dakota LSR lakester/rear enigine roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Dec 31, 2010.

1. That's a good lookin' front! How much caster? I have about 12* in Jake and 18* in Elwood. Both track VERY straight!

2. I need a better gauge, I think it is close to 15, my eyeball tells me it is fine ;)

3. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Looking Good...

4. Wow, that's one stout setup!

5. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Tman, Wish you all the best in your continued build of the Spirit of South Dakota. If you ever do t-shirts put me down for a large t-shirt. Looking forward to the "Spirit" making full blown runs at B-Ville.

Dave

6. And I dont have the gussets welded in yet Brother Kerry!

Will do, had a couple arteests that were to be working on something but no final version yet.

On another note, Tom aka 6inarow got settled,sorta, into his new rancho a few minutes from my house! He has a shop full of scattered 6 cyl goodies and tools waiting to be used. We did not bench racing, christened it with a cold one and admired the view from his place. Looking forward to having some dedicated work nights!

7. On another note, Tom aka 6inarow got settled,sorta, into his new rancho a few minutes from my house! He has a shop full of scattered 6 cyl goodies and tools waiting to be used. We did not bench racing, christened it with a cold one and admired the view from his place. Looking forward to having some dedicated work nights!

now thats cool, someone close to bounce ideas off of!!!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

8. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

How did I miss this thread?!?!?! Looks fantastic man. If you need some help in 2014 let me know. Also, if you need a short term storage garage closer to the salt for parts/and or the car, just say the word. I'll kick the wifes car out of the garage for a bit! lol...

9. Thanks Mac! I need to call you at some time about Speedweek anyway.

10. Well, after a summer of trying to get my tranny from South Texas it is now safely in the hands of Flattop Bob! Thanks Bob, and thanks to JD that held it for us after his ill fated trip to the salt where we were going to make the swap. Great folks on both ends. We have been dealing with a lot of things here like a job change, more work to finish the shop etc. Unfortunately part of the issue is that I am solo on the car again. Tom/6inarow has a different path so I am again on my own. I still plan on Stovebolt power so if any Inliners want to get involved that would be fun. If not, that is fine, I can make things work on my own. Life is good.

11. Who knows, maybe we will forget the XO class and go with a Y Block!?!?!?! ;) I know Tim wants to!

12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Run the six. There is always time for the Y block later.

13. 6inarow

6inarow

Well if you don't use that stuff don't throw it in the junk pile. It's worth something

14. Rich. It would take something huge to make the move away from the Stovebolt. That has always been the 1st priority!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Hope you have a great 2014 Trent and get to unpack some salt this year!!!

16. Carl, 2014 is killer already. Even w/o a day job for the last half of '13 life is good here. I have learned family is everything and to only trust myself and close family. The job issue made me realize that after 5 years of exemplary service.

17. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

I like your build and definitely like to drink Crow Peak Beer also!! Great beer rich in taste!!

18. I have some in the fridge here at the ranch!

I would like to ask you local SD guys to keep an eye out for a 235 or a 261. I need one as I move forward on the car.

19. Thanks to Jimmy Smith aka Jeem. For doing some killer artwork for the race car! Buy some art from him! His work is providing some great inspiration to me. Thanks Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.jimmyshotroddesign.com/index.html#

Also thanks to Flat Top Bob for picking up the tranny from the border and hauling it North. It is not all the way here but his effort made it MUCH EASIER for us to get it home. Bob has tons of old car parts at his yard, patronize another fine HAMBer owned business!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614597

Attached Files:

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Also thanks to Flat Top Bob for picking up the tranny from the border and hauling it North. It is not all the way here but his effort made it MUCH EASIER for us to get it home. Bob has tons of old car parts at his yard, patronize another fine HAMBer owned business!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614597[/QUOTE]

Flat Top Bob rules!!

21. Here is the paint scheme from dads factory Olds ride that we drew inspiration from. It is faded but that is Olds ralleye yellow.

[​IMG]

22. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is beautiful! That'll get your juices flowing! Love it.

23. Thanks, it really did light a fire under me for many projects, not just the lakester!

24. doliak

doliak

25. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Nice job T-man

26. Thanks trev!

Thanks also Tim. It means a LOT coming from you! I have slowed down on this thing by choice. But, my heart is still in it and on the salt.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  27. Mctim and I keep wondering what a stout Yblock would do in this chassis? ;)

28. doliak

doliak

I've got a few y blocks sitting around if you decide to go that route lemme know dude!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Thanks again! I am working around the corner from you at Kopren Motors, stop by and say howdy some time. :)

30. It's been over a year, any updates???

chryslerfan55 likes this.