Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spindle mount wheels question?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony hedges, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Tony hedges

Tony hedges

image.jpg I have singles of each wheel only.I am looking for a match to each one.one is a 17 by 2 .I think .(I still have to measure them).the other is a 14" I believe.The small one says San Fran Calif.No writing on the big one.What should I expect to pay ?

2. Tony hedges

Tony hedges

I may be selling these depending on price of a matching wheel,or availability.

3. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

small rim should be 15" could be found for 350 to 700 @ if ford hub --that 17" is hard to find -- bigger money-- the 18's were more common and they also 300 to 700 @

4. Tony hedges

Tony hedges

If anyone knows where I can buy a match to either wheel.Please let me know.I will be looking.thanks for the info.I will post measurements soon

5. Tony hedges

Tony hedges

Please .....If anyone has one or knows of a match to either wheel please let me know

6. Most common were 18" and 15". Too bad you are just posting this last winter I was looking for mismatched Americans, 15 and 18. Damn the luck.

7. oldolds

oldolds

I would be tempted to have them tested first. I would hate to buy a matching wheel for one that is cracked.

8. Tony hedges

Tony hedges

Tested??? How?? They look to be in great shape,but u never know.

9. Tony hedges

Tony hedges

Any Ideas on a home method to check the wheels for cracks.anything like checking a block or heads.

10. Tony hedges

Tony hedges

11. etwheels

etwheels
    from ca.

Have the wheels dye penatrant inspected, Zyglo process, look for a local non destructive testing company.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Just sell them on Ebay. That will determine value.

13. Phillips

Phillips

Just a suggestion - you will have better results if you put an ad in the classifieds, and make the title much clearer regarding what you are hoping to do. "Looking to trade magnesium spindle mount wheels" or the like.

14. Tony hedges

Tony hedges

I'm interested in purchasing wheels to match these.I would like to keep one or the other.preferably the tall one.I have measured them the tall wheel is 18 by 2.the short wheel is a 15 by 3

15. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

could sell them both and buy a new set of 18s made by radar with brakes