Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway Radius rod ends

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashbox, Apr 22, 2007.

1. crashbox

crashbox

Does anyone know if there is a Ford type tie rod end that has a 5/8 in. fine shank? The Ford type Speedway sells are 11/16, and are too big to fit the back (frame) end of their 27in. radius rods. I need an application so I can go to Napa and get them. :confused: Thanks

2. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

3. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Most modern tie rods I've delt with are 3/4 size, but a helpful Napa person might (?) be able to find something in 5/8. Keep in mind, the taper of the mounting hole will have to match whatever tie rod stud taper you may come up with, probably opening another can of worms. FYI- the 11/16 tie rod is a odd ball size and thread pitch, pretty much exclusive to early Ford.

4. crashbox

crashbox

Thanks Rootie and Levis. I went to Napa and another parts store and nobody wanted to take the time to look this stuff up. I understand their point of view, it's a hassle. I checked out the local dirt track race car parts and fabrication
    shop, but struck out there, too. I' ll call the online place in the morning and see what I can find there. Thanks again, fellas.

5. yekoms

yekoms

I just read last week that somebody was makin' Ford tapered tie rod ends in 5/8". I think that they were right hand threads only.
    Damn I can't remember where it was though. If I think of who it was I'll be back with the info. Smokey

6. I bought some at Advance for my Speedway radius rods. I'll get you the part # tomorrow.

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

dont mean to steal a thread but does anyone know a part number for the 11/16 tie rod ends?

8. As promised:

Advance (TRW) Part # ES323R

9. I'll check on it tomorrow.

10. crashbox

crashbox

Thanks, Cyrus, I'll give them a call.