Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway Motors!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345 DeSoto, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Yep you gotta watch Speedways,Havent seen much good latelt, altenator bracket with stacks of washers for shims,7 bent pushrods out of 16 new in the box ,windshield frame with 2 right hinges no lefts,new warped water necks,stainless four bars not tapped,new rusty steel carb butterflies,stromsberg jet wrench broke with no effort.I finally learned Riley is God.

3. CHOPPINTOPS - Thank you. Maybe I didn't word the original Post about Fiberglass bodies the right way, but it all started when I asked a Speedway tech if their "Lo-Boy" body ($7,000-$1) would "bolt right onto" a '32 frame. "Sure, no problem" was the answer I got. Then I came up with one of their assembly manuals and no way in hell! Not only is it NOT designed to bolt onto a 32 frame, but they're asking the same price as quality Fiberglass roadster body builders are...that are reinforced, hinged, very close copies, etc, etc, etc. THAT'S what I was talking about..and the Speedway 9super7 carb Post is what prompted my to Post....NOT to start a lynch mob to string up Speedway Motors....

4. NAIRB

NAIRB

The body used on the Speedway Lowboy is a regular 27 roadster body. I'm pretty sure that it's about a grand for the body without doors and 2 grand for the body with doors. I was glancing through their catalog a couple of days ago, and I saw it's the same basic body.

I don't think their T bodies are anywhere near 7000.00. You can buy a 32 roadster for that kind of dough.

(Correction, the Lowboy does use a 32 body). The Track T uses the 27 body.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  5. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

I don't think that some know the term "Let the buyer beware" Do your research and listen and study. Only an orginal is as good as an orginal. Period Sure, sometimes we are surprised at the quality of a product, most times not. I have gotten stuff from Speedway that I could not find any place else, and for that I am gratful. Not always is something better than nothing, but sometimes it will work until better is found. My hats off to all the hardworking people who make an effort to help and support the hobby, and that includes Ryan.

6. NAIRB - I think you better take a closer look at your Catalog...

7. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Of the things I havebought from Speedway I have had 0 problems, fast shipping and so far great service. Have not bought a body from them so I can't comment on that part.

8. NAIRB

NAIRB

9. NAIRB

NAIRB

Your Desoto is too cool. Do you drive it alot?

10. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Nice Car New Age Motor I just would like to find a 32 three window with more of a chopped roof as that what I drove 50 years ago and I miss my old ride.:)

11. Speedway is a joke.. They look for the cheapest crap to sell.. Good luck with your slant eyed hotrods..I wont buy from them,...

I use to work at a shop building fiberglass street rods.. It was mind boggling to me how the paper pusher owner was building these cars on order for guys who where retired and looking for a fade to join in on.. 75% of the cars parts built there where speedway parts.. Most of which jus looked cheap felt cheap and always came in chinese boxes loaded down with chinese newspapers.. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PRIDE? All in all I had to quit..

12. Abomb

Abomb

Nope, the lowboy 32 is just that, a 1932 roadster replica. The body still appears in the 2008 catalog, priced at $6999.99 but it's not on their website anymore.

13. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Well you guys really like to rip each others heads off don't you !

Well what can I say I came here to Asia 30+ FU_KING years ago to sell US and Canadian products and you know what I could NOT MAKE A LIVING AT IT, at it as no one wanted our over priced stuff.

No I didn't pimp out like many of you did and import cheap goods and put people out of work back home, you are now reaping the benefits of greed we don't make anything any more, wow no kidding wake up and smell the roses !

I tried for years to sell our products abroad and no one wanted them.

So I quit rather than go broke from ungrateful people back home and stayed here in Asia in Phuket Thailand and made my living here where I could look at my face in the mirror while shaving each day and know I wasn't going to put people out of work back home and do what many of you people have done to the economy back home.

Yes they make crap over here, but they also make good products also, but you have to pay more for the better items here if you want quality stuff its just like home.

Heh Speedy Bill is no more guilty than the lot of you back home so spare me your crying you have no one to blame but your selves.

I knew this day was coming when I saw that we were know longer making anything back home and I didn't want to be around to see the fall.

Between the lawyers suing every one so every one is afraid to do any thing and people trying to make a buck off by raising the price of Real Estate what did you expect would happen as you don't make fu_k all.

Now you have to go on bended knee and ask the Chinese for help to lend you back the money you spent what a joke.

Its time for people to wake up back home and put the country back to work !!!

Here is a true story we needed the special glue for a project here in Asia the glue that NASA uses to hold the tiles on the space shuttle. We called them they practically denied they had a glue everything was so bloody secret.

So we went to China and met some of there top space scientists who are putting people into space and bringing them back and they said they would give us some of the glue for our project (we only needed a couple of ounces) they gave us a gallon for a $100 US dollars.

So people you pay for what you get over here just like back home, if you want quality you have to pay for it they have qaulity here too, so don't slag Speedy Bill some of his things are good also.

I have said toooooooo much already I am going to go back to work on my T-Bucket the full house Mouse, and forget about the problems back home.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring !

fhuket likes this.
  14. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

got my last post deleted......here we go again ! ! Speedway is a great hook-up . Fast shipping , they stand behind product, chrome just as good as any. I run a speedway stainless pitman arm on my ford, love it. also have a speedway drag link ,chrome holding up well

The asians do good work ! ! We will be feeding them from our farms here in the U.S.A. again soon . Industry allready poluting yellow river sooooo bad over their, their shit wont grow no-more ! !

15. So your saying your happy with buying knockoff foreign products for your nostalgic American car?

I honestly can't see the point..

16. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I know for a fact that most of the trim parts, W/S frames etc are made from SS right in Wausau Wi. by an American owned and union factory. They are also polished in house by the mfr.

B:DB

17. koolkat

koolkat
    from Merced CA

All I know is back when I lived in Lincoln, Speedway Motors was THE PLACE!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  18. NAIRB

NAIRB

You are right. I meant to say Track T (which uses the 27 roadster body)

The lowboy 32 is 6999.99 for the body, but it will sit right on a normal deuce frame. The lowboy uses a hybrid tube chassis/ rail design to get the car low and over the frame.

19. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

David most of the manufactures over here in Asia are guys from back home who came over here so they would have a price advantage on there competition back home and make more money so they could undercut there competition.

Do you remember the toy scandal and the lead paint on them, well it was the company back homes own fault as all they had to do was set up a specifications with the manufacturer over here and have an inspector that is your man (not paid off) to see the specs are enforced.

Yes you can't see the point but many people in business are looking for an advantage over there competition so they have come over here to work.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  20. TV

TV

I buy some parts from Speedway, Not that many and I am very selective. That said I know what not to buy from them. I think you have to judge for yourself. Speedy is a clever at his business, and I make it a no no to mix my business with his.--TV

21. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CAndy%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]</o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]</o:smarttagtype> Asians do more than good work they can do excellent work just like people all over the world who care but you need to train them, as they do not understand what we want and how to do it that way.

The thing that I object too is,&#8221; we are not playing on a level playing field we throw all our doors open and allow cheap goods from all over the world and yet when you try and sell to them there are so many roadblocks&#8221;.

Example I sold <st1:country-region w:st="on">US</st1:country-region> tobacco to <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on">Japan</st1:country-region></st1> man I had to go through hearings for a year before they would allow me to bring my product in. All the majors Tobacco companies went in at the end of the war when there were no roadblocks.

I was selling US beef, US wine to <st1>Asia</st1>, and there too they had all these roadblocks.

Our companies and our manufacturers have every little loyalty to people back home, my dad had a <st1:city w:st="on">Campbell</st1:city> soups plant built in my hometown in <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on">Canada</st1:country-region></st1>. The minute we brought in NAFTA, they moved the plant to <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on">Mexico</st1:country-region></st1> laying every one off back home. Yet they sell the product still in the stores in my hometown zero loyalty.

I was working selling Hi-tech equipment from a very famous US company to China for the semi conductor industry, we invented the latest hottest machines from back home and the Asians would buy them and produce millions of cheap products which they would flood the market with in North America. On the other hand, another trick is they would buy one machine and copy it.

I had a friend from <st1:state w:st="on">New York</st1:state> who brought Hi-tech equipment into <st1:country-region w:st="on">China</st1:country-region> for producing work gloves; last, I heard he had cornered 80 to 90 % of the market in the state of <st1><st1:state w:st="on">New York</st1:state></st1>.

I bought a Toyota Yaris made here in <st1:country-region w:st="on">Thailand</st1:country-region> to drive my children to school every day in Phuket <st1:country-region w:st="on">Thailand</st1:country-region> you can buy the same ones made in <st1:country-region w:st="on">Thailand</st1:country-region> as they are sold in <st1:country-region w:st="on">Canada</st1:country-region> and the <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region></st1>. However, I tried to bring my Hot Rod a 23 -T into <st1>Asia</st1> there is no way they will do it honestly. The Governments here in Thailand try every which way to rip me off, making the value of the car so high that there is no way to do it as its 300 to 400 % more than its worth. If you don't go for there black mail and pay them they confiscate the car and sell it back to them selves at an auction and they warn you if you go and try and bid on the car some thing bad can happen to you. This has happened to two of my friends read, "Thai Visa", if you do not believe me!

Do you think we make the Thai's or any of the governments over here tow the line and give us equal opportunity over here no way? Our governments are asleep at the wheel the only thing we know how to do is have our manufacturers move over seas, hire cheap labor, and sell it back home because there politician friends have removed all the barriers and then these manufacturers make big profits. No one back home is forcing the governments over here to play on a level playing field.
    <o></o>
    I hope Obama will have the guts to change some of these things or all the money in the government stimulus package will end up in the manufacturers from back home who have moved over here pockets or in Asian manufacturers pockets .
    <o></o>
    If you people back home do not demand change and demand it now, &#8220;that the playing field is level not sloped in there direction&#8221;, then you can kiss your way of life good buy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  22. I guess this was the wrong place to ask about Fiberglass Roadster bodies...:rolleyes:

23. A six page pissin contest..........sheeeeeeeesh

24. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

25. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

We took too political a turn here, folks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.