Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Speedway Motors, Thumbs up!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat ASS Whitewalls, Sep 22, 2022.

1. On Tuesday I ordered a custom length Drag link (rod from the steering box to the left front wheel) from speedway late Tuesday, I had the part in hand mid day Thursday. Simple part to make, but I call that great service. Left hand and right hand thread. I've never had a problem with Speedway or their parts. The museum is amazing too.

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

I needed a custom length drag link from Speedway but remembered that I had bought a right hand tap from them long ago to thread some other steering linkage. I saved some money this time around by ordering their next size up standard length and shortening it to fit.

3. wicarnut

wicarnut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank You ! It's nice to read a positive comment about Speedway Motors, I've been a customer of theirs for 56 years, I bought a fiberglass T-Bucket body in 1966. All through the years Speedway has been my main go to mail order supplier, very few problems with excellent service, Zero problems shipping, returns if I was not happy with the product, tech very good. I met Speedy Bill in 1980 when I needed a U-joint (a $80/$100 part back then) for my Midget racer when competing at the Belleville Nationals in Kansas. I called to be sure they had the one I needed, a fellow racer had his airplane there, we flew up to get it, when speedy was told we were racers and were flying up he had someone meet us at airport for pick up/drop off . Speedy himself greeted us at the store, gave us a private tour including the vast collection stored at this store (old store, not the palace they have now) A Super nice man and he was the definition of Customer Service, Good Guy, himself a racer/race car owner, Sprint cars, very successful, No charge for U-joint, Fellow racer would not let me pay him for the flight/gas, while gone my driver lined up a machine shop for me machine u-joint for our application, the local Chevy dealer gave us a spot in his air conditioned service shop to fix car, 100 degree + in august, we ended up changing the engine also, everything was comped. I had my fresh spare engine along, I had just about a complete car, minus the frame for spares when we traveled, no u-joint, today everybody rolls out their complete race ready spare car We did have a good Nationals, ran 4th in Saturday night A main, we went there 4 X, only missed A main 1 time/crash prelim night, did get to B main on Saturday, but did not transfer out to the A, a 4th, 5th, 8th A main finishes, back then this event was the Indy 500 for Midget racing, 3 nights of racing, well over 100 cars entered, all the fast Midgets/drivers in the USA was there. I've met so many good people in my CarCrazy lifetime and it is like a big family and have stated many times "I'm a Very Lucky Man" I'm proud to be part of the HAMB family, my AM ritual, coffee and the HAMB.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    Cosmo49, warbird1, USMercUte and 8 others like this.
  4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've had nothing but good service from Speedway for many years. I think they do a good job the vast majority of the time.

5. So, this is the good Speedway month. I'll make a note. I too have had nothing but great service, parts and prices from Speedy Bill. Started using them when I had my Modified, kept using them through my Sprint and hotrod years. Remember when they charged 5 bucks for a catalogue? Hell, if they had aircraft parts I'd still have 'em on speed dial today.

6. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Always had good luck dealing with Speedway I'm glad to hear others are as well.

7. error404

error404
    from CA

people are quick to complain when there's a problem, but if everything is always good, there's never any noise made. I've never had problems with speedway either.

8. I remember when Speedy Bill himself called me one day, said he was just checking to see what I thought of the quality of parts, pricing and customer service.
    At first I didn't believe him but after a couple minutes he convinced me and we were on the phone talking cars for about 20-30 minutes, super personable guy. Who would ever think multi millionaire business owner would call an average Joe over a couple hundred dollar order.

9. low down A

low down A

speedway's customer's service alway's has been as good as anyone's in the business i don't think that's ever been questioned. but that chinese junk they sell is another story, try some of them fine junk brake fittings

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had great service from them for years.
    The only thing that bugs me is the guys who think that Speedway is the only place you can buy parts for hotrods or old cars and who toss out the Speedway thing without checking to see if they actually list the item. Or suggest going there for simple over the counter at local parts houses hard parts or gaskets .

11. Hey, this is the GOOD Speedway month. You can bitch next month. That'll be BAD Speedway month..

12. Koz

Koz

Always been good to me as well. Lately I've been making a point to patronize some of the smaller shops with mixed success. Some are super good, some will be gone in no time.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  13. Every damn car I've ever built has had many speedway parts on it. They're always good to talk to on the phone, shipping is always fast, parts are always good, and the price is good. I think it's hilarious when I hear people bash them. One man never knows another man's problems, but I'm more than satisfied with speedway motors, and I always have been.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  14. Rand Man

Rand Man

I’ve had good luck with them for several years.

15. spanners

spanners

I've only used them once about 5 years ago for an aluminium fuel tank for my HA/GR . Ordered it online on the Saturday, which was Friday over there, had it on my doorstep in Australia on the following Thursday Australian time.

16. banjorear

banjorear

Speedway are good people. I've chatted with Bill a few times at Hershey. He'd be there handing out his catalog. As a young punk, I didn't realize who he was. The following year, I made sure to give him the proper respect. Neat dude. Always had a few cool items for sale at this spot.