Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway Motors,....LOUSY customer service!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoalTownKid, Aug 27, 2008.

1. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Well, I wanted to go with either chrome or stainless stanchions for the roadster... I chose stainless. I looked around a little and found it looked like there was probably one maker for them, so I went with Speedway Motors as a retailer.

hmmm,.....

First, you have no shipping choices other than UPS. They've not been the best to ship or recieve packages though around here.

I get the stanchions and they're supposed to be a pair,....well they're a pair,..of LEFTS that is!
    I call and after going round and round was told that I could split the difference in shipping for next day delivery,..OR,....they'd cover the shipping to me free of charge, and that I would get them sometime on Wednesday. So it would be two day shipping instead of one day. I agree that's a deal.

I see the UPS driver pull by today and never stops. I check the tracking number and see the rep. at Speedway never did send them via 2 day service at all!

I call, and the guy gets an attitude right off the bat. He continues to flip flop untill I get a supervisor on the phone.

Supervisor reviews the call and gets back to me.... aplogizes that I was treated so rudely by the rep that took the order and gave me the hard time in the first place.

Got the call from an extremely professional gent by the name of "Ken", great guy, fixed everything,..however, the rep I spoke to "Dennis" was the guy not to deal with.

I explained what happened to "Ken" and he even took off a few more bucks off the total. They're now looking into the call with the horrible crap I got from their rep. "Dennis".

All in all, issue resolved, thanks to Ken. Very professional fellow.

So, if ever you have an issue while ordering, ask for Ken, I'm sure he'll set it straight for you.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I've had positive experences with them....maybe its just you

3. I have only had a few dealings with them,,,all good. But then again, Ive only had a few dealings with them.

4. Yep had the same problem when I ordered some steering u joints and they sent the wrong ones, they wanted me to send back the wrong ones then they would send the right ones. No I was not having any part of that and went through a supervisor and low and behold they took care of it once they found out it was their stupid salesman that got the order wrong. I have ordered from them in the past with no problems but now I think I will turn to the vendors on here as I have heard nothing but good about them.

5. Ole don

Ole don

I have always had wonderful service from Speedway. Please give them another chance, you will be the winner. Many of us have no choice on who ships us parts, and some of us live so far out in the boonies it takes as much as three extra days for it to get here. If you have two day service available, count your blessings.

6. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

As big as Speedway is they will always have problems here and there... Guys with bad attitude should get fired on the spot... Customer service is key.

7. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

...yeah and maybe not,....

I've had good and bad,...this last one,..well, the worst.

8. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Bingo!

You understand that, I've dealt with you before, bought a set of headers from you in kit form,...great guy, professional, couldn't do enough for the customer,...the way it ALWAYS should be! Sure more people in a big company and lines get crossed,..but lines being crossed THAT bad? Who knows how many other times this is happening!

I worked in retial years ago, dealt with public all the time,...like it or not, without customers,..you don't have the lettuce in your pocket to buy a can of coke with!

9. MFP2241

MFP2241

No problems with Speedway and I've ordered a lot of crap from them. Same deal with Coleman and Summit.

10. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

..sure, I agree,..when they actually do their part and ship it correctly when they give you their assurance they will.

Its about principals and professionalism. integrity, and honor.

11. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

summit's always been great...

12. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I have always had good luck with them... I usually enter my orders online unless I have a question about something... Always have my stuff the day before UPS says it will be here normally 2 days...

13. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

well i just wanted to post this in case someone out there is looking to buy from them. to get both sides of the coin to be able to make a more educated and informed decision when perusing for parts.

Best wishes guys!

14. F&J

F&J

In a special case like 2 left stantions.....There is NO way you could have ordered incorrecty!!! I am sure you can't buy them that way from speedway, so there is proof they made the mistake. So, they should have INSTANTLY sent the correct one by fastest way. Like they can't afford a couple of bucks at their discount contract price with UPS?....instead they loose you as a customer forever?. Smart move....not.

Am I wrong?

15. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

At least it sounds like they did fix the problem, aggrivating for sure, but it did get taken care of.

16. 30roadster

30roadster

I've always had great service from Speedway...but if you are unhappy and want another supplier...try sidevalve at hotrodparts - he gives an alliance discount and great service!

17. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Boy, I've bought a lot of stuff from Speedway, and I've never, ever had a problem w/them. I've already called at 11:30 AM and the parts were shipped the same day. As with any large outfit, they are going to mess up once in a while. They're only human, too. But you don't stay in business for 56 years by not being on the ball....

18. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

If this is your worst your lucky

19. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

yeah only sold in pairs,...

suspervisor new it was all their fault, its the muddling through a sea of jerks that sucked.

20. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

with speedway,....

21. I never had any problems with them when I bought some things from them, and they were always really polite with me on the phone. Maybe you should change the headline of this thread to "Dennis at Speedway gives terrible customer service" rather than condemning the whole company, which probably has a hundred mostly good people working for it.

Sounds like Dennis needs some retraining though. It does suck though when you have to change all your plans when some parts that you were anxiously waiting for arrive and they're the wrong part.

22. I been in sales for a long time......its all about cust. service,shit happens and maybe by tomorrow the jerk will be lookin for a new gig,I've always had great luck with speedway

23. yblock292

yblock292

WOW, been doing business with them for along time , have never had an issue they didn't take care of right away.

24. i spent about 10000 a year with speedway and never had a problem they dident fix right away .they have great cust service as far as i have seen for the last few years.. if yoour pissed over 1 day i dont know what to say shit happens .and they fixed the problem an gave you money off so what s so bad about the cust service ?

25. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

I always love these "rant" threads. I would love to hear Speedways version of the story.

Not saying the poster is wrong or not giving out all the facts but after 27+ years of owning 2 business(and my wife owns one) I know for a fact the customer is not always right.

I know for a fact business owners on these threads get a kick out of them.

26. vexner

vexner

I've always had great service from Speedway,maybe someone was having a really bad day and the stars where not lined up for you this time.I'd give them another chance

27. Always had good luck with them and then again nobody bats 1.000...we all do our best but shit and bad employees happen from time to time

28. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Might want to re-read the inital post.

The guy (speedway supervisor) listened to the phone conversation tape and ralized that they guy was out of line and they resolved it. So you already have the "other" side of the story....there was no other side.

As I posted before, I started the thread not as a rant but so that others could make informed choices on buying parts....

Customer service is key,..if you own a business yourself I wouldn't be on here telling people, "the customer is not always right."

29. i have had nothing but good experiences with them. they say the product will be at my house on wednesday and it shows up on tuesday. maybe back a few years ago the service was not hat good but lately it is terrific!!T:DM

30. James Curl

James Curl

I and most of my friends order from Speedway and have not had any problems on delivery. Sometimes other suppliers of kits that Speedway sells need better instructions or some modifications but I do not consider that to be Speedways problem.