Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway Motors lake pipes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sticks, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Sticks

Sticks

Has any of you guy's used the lake pipes from speedway motors?
    How did the chrome hold up? Likes, dislikes?

I was going to built my own but time I chrome ect. the cost would be high and the car I will be putting them on I will sell qwikly after.

Thanks
    Sticks

2. Don't know about their Lake's Pipes, but I have not been impressed with the chrome on any of their other products. It is just very light and doesn't have the luster I would expect. Anybody else know?

3. I second this statement. Heard it from a lot of people.

I think you should expect the same crappy chrome on their lakes.

4. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

5. Sticks

Sticks

Thanks guy's I hate to by shity chrome.
    2 week's and you got rust on them.3

Thanks
    Sticks

6. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

kool rides has them as does nightprowlers and mooneyes.Koolridesbiz.com i believe.

7. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

i have some patriot lake pipes and they seem to be pretty nice

8. Sticks

Sticks

Thanks for the info guy's.
    Sticks

9. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

10. If you're gonna sell it, just get the cheapies, and keep em clean til the sale is final.

11. Sticks

Sticks

Thanks for the input guy's

Sticks

12. Ruiner

Ruiner

are we talking long lake pipes or lakester headers? for lake pipes I'd go with night prowlers, for lakester headers there's no place like www.lakeheaders.com , they got that shit down perfect...

13. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

Speedway chrome is junk. Real thin and has rust on it when it shows up at your door.

Like the others have said.....Lake Headers is awsome. I bought a set for my flathead and Mat did a great job. Real nice guy to talk to, he called a few times just to let me know how things were going and get more info from me to make sure my headers will be PERFECT. (witch they are)
    I will use his services again in the future.

14. Ruiner

Ruiner

again, are we talking lake pipes or lake headers? two totally different things...and I hope someone from Speedway has been reading the forums lately, lots of problems with their chrome it appears (time to get a new chrome supplier?)...how long has the Speedway chrome problem been going on?

15. JohnnyAngel

JohnnyAngel
    from Missouri

Are you getting Lake pipes for show or for hooking up? I got some from
    Night Prowlers www.thenightprowlers.com that looked good for about 5
    years. I ran open mine hooked up and open most of the time. Only
    problem I had was after 5 years or so they started to rust out on the bottom
    side from the condensation building up in the pipes after I shut off the
    engine.

Johnny Angel

16. Sticks

Sticks

Hey man, Thanks for the info. I will be running mine for function.

Sticks

17. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

This always seems to create some confusion:eek: I've been calling them Lakes Pipes and Side Pipes to minimize the confusion,:rolleyes:

BTW Speedway's chrome does suck:D

18. dueceiswild

dueceiswild
    BANNED
    from california

This is an old post but someone may still read it.Just got a set of lake pipes from speedway and the chrome is already peeling off and all I did was open the box!BEWARE buy from someone who gives a shi$

19. Best chrome is to take it to a reputable chromer and have him do it. It just looks so much better then the generic cheap crap.

20. Why do you guys think buying their parts already chrome is cheaper than just getting something chromed? They pay shit prices to have it chromed, thats your savings you pay for :cool:

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, this is an old thread, but it's worth bringing up. I went through 3 sets of Speedway classic style headers. They all started to rust after about 6 months. Usually where the pipes join at the collector. My last set from them sucked. I opened the box on a blanket to avoid scratching the chrome and it still scratched! On a wool blanket! Then, one of the pipes cracked at the flange, after about 3 months. I was NOT a happy camper. I didn't even bother to return them.

Now, I run www.lakeheaders.com by Matt. I got them about 6 months ago, maybe 7. They came raw and I painted them. They still look great. But the best part was Matt makes them to fit your particular car. His pipes tuck close to the cowl of my T Bucket. The mounting flange is thick and I didn't have to ream out the mounting holes to get them to fit.

I'll NEVER run a header from anyone else.

[​IMG]