Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Speedway front spring

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Piedmont, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Piedmont

Piedmont

Need to get some drop out of my front spring. Going to pull a leaf out but what one do I pull out? 6 leaf pack

46international likes this.
  2. Graystoke

Graystoke

I would just get a reverse eye spring or have spring shop reverse the one you have.

3. alchemy

alchemy

Does it ride nice right now? If it does, removing the leaf will make it softer. You might want to just flatten all the leaves instead.

4. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Springs are cheap. Contact the manufacturer of your spring of choice and let them do the math on a new one, after all it's what they do.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

5. I don't know if my thinking is correct but here goes, If you remove the shorter spring, that would leave the longer ones to support the car and may leave you with a spring pack that can handle the weight of the car better. If you were to remove a longer one and leave all the shorter ones that would put more of the demand on the main leaf and could leave you with a softer spring. does that sound right?
    when I built my car, I tried to leave the longer ones in place and adjusted ride height by removing the shorter ones. worked for me.

verde742 and flatheadpete like this.
  6. Piedmont

Piedmont

That is what I was thinking

7. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

What are you trying to do? Soften it, or Lower the ride height.

To soften it, remove leafs.

To lower ride height get it re-set

Piedmont likes this.