Register now to get rid of these ads!

speeding ticket in mass, live in connecticut

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 85-percent, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Anyone who just pays a speeding ticket has money to burn or is an idiot. I'm sure laws vary from state to state, but I never had a speeding ticket my lawyer couldn't get reduced to a non-point violation that would not affect insurance, except for the one over in the neighboring county the cop just made up the speed on and the DA was less willing to reduce because I wasn't a county resident. Have to chalk that up to corruption in government.

I hate government more than I hate lawyers and usually it works out to the same money to pay the lawyer to go fight the ticket, if not less, than if you paid the ticket outright. So I'd rather give the lawyer the money.

As to the OP's question, in this day and age I'm sure they can find out, it's become way too easy. Here in NY, though, I have run into a number of instances where the DMV computers don't get the message when you make an insurance change that you do in fact have insurance, and have had to bring in proof to the DMV. I had another one where I had to prove to the insurance company I'd turned in plates on a truck because they never bothered to take it off when I asked them to. The computers don't always get along with one another, and in that instance a citation might slip through the cracks.

2. racer756

racer756

Till now....:D

3. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Boy, you good 'ol boys in Texas got it made. Around here the court system closes the loopholes you can exploit in Texas. You go before a 'referee', not a judge, and the referee is firmly in the cops pocket. You don't show up? Guilty. Cop doesn't show up, so motion for dismissal on failure to prosecute? Overuled, we'll just try again another day. The point is that every single locality has their own reality of how they do things, and you should get yourself a lawyer to navigate your ass around it.

Another example: a buddy of mine got a nuisance ticket in Nassau, NY (not Nassau County on LI, but a one-horse town east of Albany). Ticket was for failure to dim lights. Righttttttt..................

So he shows up on the appointed date to fight the ticket. He finds dozens of people there, everyone has some BS ticket. Every one, the judge says the same thing: "Mr or Mrs so-and-so, Officer Fleming tells me that he is willing to reduce this to a 1201 (parking on the curb - and a non-moving violation so no points). Do you agree?" Everyone who agreed got a $150 fine, payable in cash right on the spot. One woman did not read the tea leaves and says "but judge, I am innocent, I never did what the ticket said I did". The judge says 'guilty' and bangs her with a $250 fine. LOL.

When my buddy's turn came up, he says to the judge "gee, your honor, I am really hoping for one of those 1201s". Judge laughs and $75 fine. He was the only one to get away so cheap.

So this here hick town has a good scheme where they pull in plenty every week.

4. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

I used to live in springfield it will get to your insurance company in connecticut certain states do not talk to each other such as mass and vermont but vermont will report new york mass will report to connecticut mass takes speeding very serious three in a year you lose your license for 90 days (if you have a mass license) it is a felony to op after suspension in mass and it gets costly after to times they throw you in jail for 90 days. But to answer your question yes it will get to connecticut