Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speed Week Is...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desertratrodder, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ON!!! Lets go!!!:)

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=catbg3><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 6px" vAlign=center width="2%">[​IMG] </TD><TD width="13%">Author</TD><TD id=top_subject style="PADDING-LEFT: 6px" vAlign=center width="85%">Topic: SPEED WEEK IS ON (Read 1 times) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smalltext colSpan=3>0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><FORM id=quickModForm style="MARGIN: 0px" name=quickModForm accept-charset=ISO-8859-1 onsubmit="return in_edit_mode == 1 ? modify_save('56d5da63ffecca9232e2a280b5412b3b') : confirm('Are you sure you want to do this?');" action=http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php?action=quickmod2;topic=2772.0 method=post><TABLE class=bordercolor cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 1px"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=windowbg><TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="OVERFLOW: hidden" vAlign=top width="16%" rowSpan=2>Glen Hero Member
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] Online

3938 Points

Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.6

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="85%" height="100%"><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=center>SPEED WEEK IS ON
    « on: Today at 03:31:06 PM »

</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: smaller" vAlign=bottom align=right height=20></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR class=hrcolor width="100%" SIZE=1>Just talked to Mike Cook and the meet is a go, there will be two courses. Thanks to the hard working advance work party to make it happen. Have a safe and fast trip to the salt.
    Glen [​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I'm otta here tomorrow evening.

B:DB

3. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Heck yea..........even though we would have been there anyways..........but the room situation would have been better........

Chris & Jen Nelson
    Kansas

Bonneville or Bust

5. Spike!

Spike!

Leaving tomorrow at 5AM for York PA, then off to B-Ville!

Spike

6. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

7. Greezy

Greezy

I'll be rolling out Tuesday afternoon. Now I ve got some work to do.

8. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

whew!! Hope it doesn't rain.

9. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Congrats to all who are getting to go. I already bailed out and have no possible way of doing it now. But there is always next year. Have safe trips and have a great time and good luck to all. Now I'm all bum,ed out all over again :( Later, Rusty.

10. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

Good Good Good Good

11. Greezy

Greezy

Screw it Rusty tell your boss you just came down with a mysterious illness, and the only Doctor who can help you is in Utah.

12. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Gray, Chase & I are heading west for L.A. on Tues and then looping torward the Salt. Should be there by late Saturday.

Safe travels to everyone,
    Ben

13. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

from the SCTA website

The three courses we originally prepped for Speed Week are no longer available. Course # 1 is underwater with lots of potholes. Course # 2 is partially underwater, and course # 3 still looks somewhat usable.

Our advanced team of workers are very busy establishing 2 more courses on higher ground. We have found sufficient dry salt to accommodate our normal long and short courses.

Since we are basically starting over, we would appreciate your patience as there may be a need for changes to our original event schedule.

The weather forecast is promising, but there is always the possibility of more rain. Please check here for more updates as they become available.

sounds to me that they havent got anything set in stone yet. My boss doesnt take "maybe" well so I may have to back out when I get to work tommorrow unless I hear different

14. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

see ya there!

15. Thats close enough to go for me. If I have to sit around and drink beer for a day or 2, big bummer. I just hope everyone can race.

16. thats good news..

17. Happy happy joy joy!

See you scratchers Friday

18. Mike

Mike

I'll be hitting the road for B'ville early Thursday morning. See ya'll there.

19. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

go and enjoy it you lucky bastard you!

20. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

Great news.
    We will be heading out tuesday also.
    With the rest of the Vagabonds...and a few more
    old friends.
    See ya on the salt!
    Mike&Mike
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Vagabonds cc
    missouri chapter

21. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Worked til Midnight on the Sedan the last two nites....will be doing the same the next two...now if Coker GETS THEIR SHIT TOGETHER AND SENDS ME A USABLE TIRE....!!!...Hell, I`ll be going if I have to take the truck...

22. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I'll be following the Tardel gang out there... In a modern pick up.

Was going to take my roadster, but it needs enough work to make me suspicious about it breaking down 1000 miles from home. Still glad that I'm at least able to attend this year. See you all there!

jay

23. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

good... considering i am almost there! see you all thursday night in wendover.

24. I'm flying in Friday night...I'll be in a rental! See ya'll here!!!!!1

25. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Boy Wonder and I are heading out early Saturday morning from Atlanta, getting there Tuesday. The Boss (wife) is flying to Salt Lake Tuesday night. We'll head home Thursday morning after watching the sun rise, taking back roads the whole way.

Working on the Suburban for the trip. I only have to:
    finish the crate engine swap
    finish the power brake conversion (run the front lines, attach rods to pedals)
    refoam the two '59 Panel front bucket seats (Boy Wonder is all over that one though)
    Cover the buckets and rear bench with Army Surplus canvas using hog rings and hospital corners
    Bolt the heater back to the firewall
    Run the wires back through the firewall (stripped and painted the firewall and top/sides of the front frame rails and cross member)
    Install the 4spd OD manual trans behind the new crate engine.
    Have a driveshaft made
    Bleed/adjust brakes and go!

Well, lookit the time! Gotta get back out into the garage.

-Brad

26. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Leaving Thursday early A.M. be there Thursday in the P.M. Looking forward to a new experience.

27. TomH

TomH

Steve, will you still be coming out as a spectator??

Tom

28. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

Steve isnt going. Thats one less case of beer I have to haul. Looks like Cadillac Bob and I are headed out of Denver before the crow on Friday morning.

Tom H, You need to hunt me down. I grew up in Harvey N.D. and spent allot of time in Richardton with my grandparents. Should be right down the highway from ya.

29. TomH

TomH

Yes it is......... What ya drivin'??

I'll be in this.

Attached Files:

30. You guys can check the daily report each evining on the scta website. Just click on the update link and all is told from day to day! Thank god it has dried enough to be a GO! With all the rain here in salt lake the last two weeks it was scary if it would come to be. We will leave friday morning and see all you there.