Register now to get rid of these ads!

SPEED channel's new show PINKS! reality tv ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scooter, May 27, 2005.

1. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Watching qualifing trials today , i see a promo for what looks like a valvoline comercial .Two muscle cars meet , race , one wins .Out comes a tow chain , the winner takes his prize , the other guys ride .
    FYI for you younger whipper snappers PINKS or racin for pinks ment you loose the race you loose your ride ,Thats what this new show is suposed to be all about .could be cool if its not a total scam show set up by the producers .
    Reality tv meets the car world ?Or maybe the speed tv executives have been playing too many video games ;).Anybody else see this thing ?

2. Muttley

Muttley

Who's going to be the first guy to get his teeth knocked out for sandbaggin' it?:D

3. sentinelT

sentinelT

I see a crossover coming. Overhaulin meets pinks. Foose takes your car, rebuilds it, then keeps it and kicks you in the balls...

4. 2-TONED

2-TONED

www.pinks.tv
    its already been going on. no BS watch the video.
    the cool model A C-dan kicks the pontiacs ass & wins the car.
    HotRod hardware built the model A in a couple of weeks & just made it to the race after they stayed up all night getting the car ready.

5. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

That's one that made mountain dew come outta my nose tooo funny !
    The sandbaggin question was one of my first thoughts too , would be great ta see some poor loosers and rumbles :cool:. Overhualin / rides /american hotrod/jerry springer ?The posabilites are endless :D

6. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

HaHaHa!

7. 2-TONED

2-TONED

its going to be real good.
    i know Tim with the model A real good & i was over there getting it ready to race along with 10 other guys
    it was like a Henry Ford production line getting the old 'A' ready to race.
    Tim did win the pontiac but he sold it back to the (loser) owner.

get some cars ready & maybe youll win a car.

8. JamesG

JamesG

Thats going to be a killer show. That little A was kickass!

I like how the one guy was crying.....lol......

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

That takes some serious balls.

10. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

That's a great link. I wish you hadn't ruined the ending though. You may wanna edit it for others!

11. I hope it's better than their other "reality" show,Build or Bust.:rolleyes:

12. kustomd

kustomd

Does anyone have any more shots of that model A yet? That show was pretty kick ass. Especially when that "A" took the mullet ride!!

I wonder who the first person is going to be that gets the crap kicked out of them on national TV.

13. jazzbum

jazzbum

what they don't tell you is the loser still gets paid enough to buy another goat.

14. lgh1157

lgh1157

I'm hooked on that already. That was great. Finally some reality on T.V

L

15. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

That's absolutely NUTS!!!!
    Finally a reality TV show that I'd watch......

let the drama begin.

16. JamesG

JamesG

They should up the anty, you get their car and their girl.

17. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Pay close attention to the host when he was telling the winner he gets the other guy's car. He didn't take his eyes off of the loser!!!! :D I thought we my see a good fight start with a slap in the back of the host's head.....

18. 2-TONED

2-TONED

somewhere i have (had) pics of Tims sedan!?

musta lost em?

get a couple cars together, set up a race with a friend of yours (so you dont really lose your car) click on contact, give em a call & theyll set it up & you can be on TV burnin up the 1/4 with your ride!

that race shown is THE REAL DEAL! Tim DID WIN that pontiac!!!
    the model A is an old body they found, Tim runs a parts store & got a few goodies donated from his suppliers otherwise it was all extra stuff put together. Jay the interior guy donated the top insert, parachute, etc...
    the body has dents but its a wayyyyyy cool 'A'

19. That sounds pretty cool. I wonder how hard of a time they are having finding people willing to go for it. Ofcourse if it becomes really popular, they'll have no problem finding people seeking that 15 min. of fame, whether they look like an idiot or not.

20. Blaze

Blaze

It would be cool to get a bunch of folks together to build a ride from parts laying around their shops/houses (you know we all got 'em) and enter! A big group effort from donated parts...of course then ya gotta deside how get's the spoils!

Win or lose, at least it would be good publicity for the site!;)

This sounds like how we used to do it when I was growing up!
    At the race, Racers negotiate for EVERYTHING. The distance of the race, the type of start (must be of arm drop variety), track conditions, lengths, nitrous v's horsepower, tires, finish, etc. The mental aspect of PINKS is as equally important as the metal.

*Note* I'm not that old but street racing in my town growing up was BIG!

One of the past racers is named Mike Voorhees....:eek: Is anybody else a Halloween fan???:confused:

21. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

"One of the past racers is named Mike Voorhees.... Is anybody else a Halloween fan???"

That would be "Jason" Voorhees and it was Friday the 13th.

22. Blaze

Blaze

yeah...um so they bred and they had the killer of the new malinia...Oh nevermind I'm just gonna go back to my bottle..:confused: (ignore me!)

Seriously, my bad I've been drinking and mixed the two together...still kinda cool, in a movie buff sorta way...I think...:rolleyes:
    P.S. does anybody know when this airs??

23. That is 1/2 way through the second season, when their ratings start to drop...

;)

It would be a cold day in hell before I would race for titles... Too many free variablies cruising around that could cause you to lose.

24. According to the website's Forum, the producer posted:

Re: When is Pinks debuting?
    Posted by: StealthAussie (IP Logged)
    Date: February 24, 2005 03:14PM

Beghins Airing in July......want to race that Impala or something else...races are scheduled for Memorial Day weekend in Orlando..

25. Blaze

Blaze

Thanks, I scanned the forum but missed this...
    Umm no the Impala is a cruiser, I just wanna watch...I think I'll keep my "pink" locked safely in the glove box!;)

26. AMEN!

my pink is mine... :D

27. GomezGarage

GomezGarage

That show kicks ass. If they keep it fair it should do well.

28. The ads on TV (and I thought the website when I looked yesterday...too lazy to look again :D ) said June 29th. Almost July I guess! :D

29. HAHAHAHAHAHA...I'd watch it...

30. 55olds88

55olds88

I can see this one helping the street racing problems that we all probably have....... still should develope into some good fights etc when people loose.