Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Speed and Kulture

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Jan 14, 2020.

1. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

It's out there keep checking it's worth it!

2. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I am not associated with this publication, but it is worth checking out. there is a phone number
    that you can use to check on your subscription it is 423-231-8197.

chuckIII likes this.
  3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I got a message from my credit card company about possible fraudulent charges. I rarely use my card, and normally only for on line purchases because it is easier to get those reversed if they are fraudulent. The last time I used the card was for a subscription to speed and kulture magazine. I’m not saying that they are charging things, but it’s possible that the website has been compromised. There are some very unscrupulous people hacking everything possible. This is the second time my credit card has had charges to it that I have not authorized. Now they will send out another new card.

4. alchemy

alchemy

I just called Chuck, he said if you signed up after the first of the year you will begin with issue number 2, set to print in March. I'm going on their website and buying issue 1 separately, as he suggested.

lothiandon1940 and catdad49 like this.
  5. chuckIII

chuckIII

This is Chuck from Speed and Kulture Magazine...thanks for the kind words and starting this thread! I am glad you are enjoying the magazine!!

6. catdad49

catdad49

Hey Chuck, if you get a chance I'm sure everyone would enjoy seeing some pics of your Coupe. Loved the 1st issue, Carp.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. chuckIII

chuckIII

You can subscribe online at www.speedandkulture.com

If you have any questions let me know

-Chuck

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  8. chuckIII

chuckIII

Which coupe are you asking about?

Glad you liked Issue #1!!

catdad49 likes this.
  9. chuckIII

chuckIII

By the time you posted that we had already printed Issue #1, Issue #2 is ready to print, if you want to see more info head over to our store at www.speedandkulture.com

10. catdad49

catdad49

The Model A, brown/gold with black fenders.

chuckIII and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. awesome!! Thanks I’ll be doing that as soon as I get home!!

chuckIII likes this.
  12. chuckIII

chuckIII

...this is my hotrod...lot of great miles and smiles with this one...

I post it on my facebook and Instagram a lot....go checkout @cheater_slick_culture

I just posted it up yesterday actually...

Thanks.

1928 Coupe  (2).jpg

Tman, curbspeed, Countn'Carbs and 2 others like this.
  13. I have not received my first issue, does any one have a phone number. I have sent an E mail, and a message here as well.

14. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

423-231-8197 is the number I posted on February 5th.

15. shortypu

shortypu

That is one of my favorite A coupes chuck.I seen it at Iskys birthday party and loved the color combo with the vinyl top.If the magazine is the same guality as your coupe i'm subscribing. IMG_0727.JPG

chuckIII likes this.
  16. chuckIII

chuckIII

Thank you, I appreciate it, I feel like my coupe and the magazine are the same quality...so I hope you subscribe

catdad49 likes this.
  17. chuckIII

chuckIII

Robert, we have a few that got lost in the mail, I am not a fan of USPS, but what can we do...I will get you a replacement copy out on Monday if you still haven't received it, just send me a DM to make sure we have the right address. Thanks. Chuck

catdad49 likes this.
  18. Thank You sir I sent a P.M.

19. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I finally got my first issue, Spring 2020, and quite frankly was disappointed. It wasn’t near what I had expected, and what’s up with having to turn the magazine upside down to read half of it. Unless other issues get better I won’t subscribe again

Fordors likes this.
  20. OLDSMAN, really? I don't know what more you could ask for? I just received my second issue and gave it a quick look through, I'm not dissapointed at all. The first issue was great too. I only subscribe to 3 magazines. Speed and Kulture, Rodders Journal, and a VW magazine. I'm very happy with all three.

catdad49 likes this.
  21. I have idea what it takes to make people happy. It's an outstanding publication. Yes the flipped pages is a little quirky but what the hell do you want? Classy magazine and I know both guys doing it are first class. Great content. Beautiful classy women, Good writing. Excellent advertisers and best of all Hotrod-a-rama: The Resurrection! Pre 1965 traditional Hotrod and Custom Car Show on page 40. www.hotrodarama.us

catdad49 likes this.
  22. 35 5w.jpg Have yet to get my hands on a copy.. to look it over..TRJ is great and it's the only print I get right now.. Need to get my Hop Up going again... But will check this out for sure.. Trent S. is a great guy, met him a while back here in Tacoma.. He had shot my 35 Ford 5w at Stadium High.. never made it to print.. but sure was fun hanging out and watch it happen.. photo credit Trent S.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    catdad49 likes this.
  23. Thanks it was a neat car... no longer own it.. My a 36 Ford 3w tooks it place after I sold it.

chuckIII likes this.
  24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

It is outstanding. I to support this magazine with my annual NIMRODS feature pick.

catdad49 and chuckIII like this.
  25. ..I subscribed and got my 2 issues of the mag,...I think it has a somewhat of a different feel to it that mite take time to get used to,...what's with half of it printed upside down?...don't get that.
    ...I sub'd to a bunch of the mags that got cut by TEN,..really missing all of them, wish they'd bring back Hot Rod Deluxe,....going thru my older Street Rodders now,...they were loaded with good stuff...

catdad49 and OLDSMAN like this.
  26. Received my first issue of Speed & Kulture today (Issue #3) and wanted to add my 2 cents. Although I'm not a fan of the "automatic renewal" on my credit card I got to thinking that with fewer and fewer magazines that cater to the types of cars I'm into, it was time to take a chance. Well, I gotta tell you these fellas are doing a bang up job on this mag. Lots of great cars, pretty girls, and no lifestyle/revisionist history B.S. that is seen in some other mags.

As to the complaint that some of the pages were upside down let me clarify that. When you open the cover (Depending on which side of the mag you start from) there is an "A side" and a "B side", like on an old record album. Think of it like two magazines in one. When you get to the center page, turn it over and start from the back. Nice to know it was intentional and not some printing error shitshow that they decided to ship anyway.

To wrap it up, I'm happy I subscribed and no, I ain't buddys with the owners, just trying to throw out the straight scoop without sounding like a cheerleader.

Quain Stott and catdad49 like this.