Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spectator Parking - Hot Rods

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by DirtyDan, Aug 16, 2011.

1. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

I realize the focus of the event is drag racing and it is not a car show. But, I know a lot of HAMB'ers (including myself) will be driving their hot rods down for the event and only spectating. Is there any chance we could get an area to park hot rods only in spectator parking? It seems like there is always some down time during the races and after walking the pits, I end up walking around the lot looking for cool cars that are peppered in amongst the daily drivers. it sure would be nice if they were grouped together. I think it would cut down on people registering non-race cars, just so they can get closer to the action.
    Just an idea...

2. KCsledz

KCsledz

Excellent idea but with the drags 4 days away I doubt it will happen. It would require another person or two to direct cars where to park and could turn into a real headache. Like you said, it's a drag race not a car show.

3. Would be cool. I imagine if you hop to it and send PM's to Ryan and MoKanMan for the go-ahead and find a few volunteers to direct traffic.

4. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

i am in. let me know if i can help. if not i plan to get there early so that i can park near the staging area on the spectator side. First come first served on parking is what i heard.

Lundo

:D

5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Car show is in the parking lot at the motel on Friday and Sat night. (still a good idea just a little short notice) Oh, and I have no authority, just voicing an opinion. lol

6. Ryan gave me the same answer in a PM a couple of weeks ago as the big cheese. My question was about parking in the pit side. Ryan said a car show parking in the pit side would not happen due to insurance reasons.
    Ryan gave me the correct answer to my question.
    If we arrange a hotrod parking area, it will be up to us as hotrod and custom drivers that are driving our vehicles to the track as I will be. It will also be up to the rest of us to allow us to make that impromptu car show if it can happen. If we can make that impromptu car show, we will all be required to carry ourselves appropriately and respectfully as we have that opportunity. If we can make that happen, up to us.
    So where do we try? Starting straight to the west of the pit entrance across the gravel road away from the grandstand side? Then work north and west as the field allows?
    Other ideas? It ain't like we're trying to overtake a drive thru or a Walmart parking lot.

7. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Hopefully everybody drives their hot rod or custom and then it won't be a problem.

8. RatRoy

RatRoy

Give a discount at the gate if you are in a hot rod.....;)

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Someone, or two, would need to get there early and yellow caution tape an area in the regular parking area then man it moving the tape when a hot rod or custom showed up. Would be a nice asset to the event but alot of extra work for Ryan and his posse to have to worry about or execute.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Everyone parks for free, you pay for your person only at the "gate".

11. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

we are doing this. see ryan's post. get there at 10 to help park cars saturday monring for an hour or so. See VIP Parking post

Lundo