Register now to get rid of these ads!

specialty power window wiper kit install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dave lewis, Jan 4, 2007.

1. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

any help out there on this? 57 nomad, vintage air heater/ac combo.. can't seem to find a decent place to mount the wiper motor under the dash??
    anybody else done this install?
    thanks
    dave:D

2. Paul2748

Paul2748

Maybe New Port Engineering has a electric motor replacement that fits in stock location.

3. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

i already bought the spec.pwr. kit and have installed the pivots. looking for suggestions to best locate the motor. vintage air heater/ ac box taking up most of the room under the dash.
    any ideas ???

4. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Left side behind the kick panel.

5. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

driver side?? i tried the psgr side and the antenna gets in the way..s.p.w. just emailed me and said to place it behind the clock, bolted to the bottom of the dash...i will go down to the shop and give that a try...
    dave

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

i have the same set up on my 57 wagon. mounted the motor on the driver's side kick panel. with the ac system, everything is a tight fit, but both the 2 speed wipers & ac work great

7. you might try there extra long cable and mount it in the quarter panal. then run the tubing under the rocker trim. i can ship you a cable kit needed .let me know
    Brant

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

9. On my 51 Vicky Ford I mounted it above the Glove Box since the Ford does not have a kick panel space to use. Works just fine.
    The Wizzard