Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Special Pick-Up Issue!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I have never seen a picture of Axels 55 Ford pick up, and to my suprise that is the grill treatment I am working on for my grill, except I'm mounting the turn siginals behind the grill.
    I guess it is real hard to have an original idea in the hotrod / custom world theese days.

jim h

2. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

It's in the city of Manchaca, TX...near dripping springs I believe. I went to go and look at it years ago. it was pretty darn rough. Very cool though.

HEMI32 likes this.
  3. autobilly

autobilly

Copper Kart. Although it's by far the most famous, it's also the wildest. I dig the styling and it's a Chev instead of the usual Effie (better lines to start with IMO). That said, the Srabian's '54 Effie is a close second for me.
    "Spy Photo.JPG"...cool!

4. 2-TONED

2-TONED

those early mags are full of pickups with 'WHITE TONNEAU covers.'

how many of you have white tonneau covers?
    i for 1 do. :)

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Speaks volumes man,.. volumes.

[​IMG]

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Upon further review, I think my fave it the Nick Cozzitorro '52. Radical work with simple paint vs everything else that is more simple changes in the grille area with gaudy paint designs.

7. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ryan That's a cool truck ,But did you notice the wheelVintique add.The one wheel pictured is backwards .I have those wheels ,They are a copy of the early Halibrands ,They are the fronts....

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

So do I:)

[​IMG]

9. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I fell ya' Jalopy Jim. My dad and I were throwing ideas around for the grill area on my '55 ford pickup when Pops (oddly enough also named Jim) remembered that he had a spare set of '55 for car headlight brows. We thought that would be a cool unique look and I thought I would take it one step further by using a '55 ford car grill as well! So much for me being the next big visionary in the hot rod world lol....I guess I'm just a little behind my time!

10. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

the choped nosed 52 in the 6th image is my pick

11. Kopper Kart would be my pic but I'd rather have this one...

[​IMG]

12. S1B

S1B

Great looking trucks in that issue.

13. Satyr

Satyr

I would have to go with the kopper kart, Mr. Barris had so damn many things going on at the same time with that P.U. yet he was able to tie them all together and make one far out truck for the time...

14. L.A-Bar

L.A-Bar
    from Florida

Hot Rod Magazine cover truck Big Bill Edwards' blown-Caddy-powered red '53 F-100 with those bitchin' massive chrome stacks up the back of the cab !

15. S1B

S1B

It would be to hard to choose
    Just one

16. Brian W

Brian W

I LOVE that issue!! It is because of that very issue of R&C that I have a 55 Ford car grille waiting to be put on my truck. Soon it will be reality, but I have a little different twist for the headlights.

17. I like the Srabian truck... Anybody know where the headlight bezels came from?

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Love the Nick Cozzitorto truck, does anybody have more pics?

19. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Not great pictures but was the start and finish of my 56. Resides in Chino, California last I knew.

Attached Files:

20. kami-cozzi

kami-cozzi

The truck of Nick Cozzitortos still exists, and is still located in the central valley of California, nowhere near Texas. Though it has been modified several times since it was in the original publication, but will hopefully be returned to its original glory one day.

Notice my member name has "cozzi" in it, as in Cozzitorto. Nick was my great uncle, and this truck was a huge inspiration to me.

HEMI32 likes this.
  21. @kami-cozzi -

Just an FYI ...

My comment about the original Cozzitortos truck being in the Dripping Springs area of Texas was a completely fabricated story ... i.e., an excuse for me to post a "spy pic" of the 1939 Deluxe Ford Sedan that @Ryan Cochran had recently purchased ... and his buddy, @JohnJoyoprayitno was just playing along with his "Manchaca, TX" comment.