Register now to get rid of these ads!

special K

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clemdaddy, Feb 15, 2008.

1. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

finally got one... i've been looking for a 289K motor for my unibody for quite a while now and a friend came through. my buddy jack (jervin) on the hamb has a uncle in memphis that had a really fast engine in his old 79 ford truck. jack thought it was a older hipo ford 289, and if i wanted it his uncle would give it to me. unfuckinbelieveable. we took it to the machine shop for a complete rework and they ran the numbers. yes 271 hp 289 out of a 1965 gt fairlane.
    the real deal. i was floored. good friends are the best thing to have and i thank you jack.

photos show the build as it is now. including that sweet motor.

Attached Files:

2. man thats sweet! you have great friends ..

3. headhunter

headhunter
    from Austin, TX

Congrats Clem! Man that truck is looking badass! Very cool that Jack could hook you up like that - that motor is awesome... I'm not a ford engine guy but my LT-1 makes me appreciate those solid lifter motors :)

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan

Awesome Clem! The truck looks great. I need to get over there and check it out. Its about time Jack did something cool:). Good friends are what it is all about.

5. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

bttt....
    way too vague on the title. i just got schooled on posting threads.
    should have started with a better title, like 'ford unibody buildup' or '289 ford motor find a new home'. yaknow, something specific or cleverly written to gain interest. and no single letter titles. and stuff you think is funny is boring to those in the know. and stay away from personal messages, cause nobody on here gives a flip. ok, ok, i'll work on it. but for now i'm heading back to the garage. maybe i'll post later on the truck progress, maybe not.