Register now to get rid of these ads!

Special fabricated DEATH rod suspension...???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Sep 24, 2003.

1. TINGLER

TINGLER

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. Mart

Mart

If you can bend the radius rods inward and mount them together in the middle, on one bush you will be ok.
    With them split as shown, you will stress up the U bolts and spring pads. I spose it might be possible to use some rubber between the radius rods and the axle. Some cars have that (with semi-eliptics) to improve Noise and vibration.
    I plan to rework mine with much tidier, welded on mounts. My bolt on mounts are so ugly, but at least they allowed me to get the ride height dialed in.
    Mart.

3. prime mover

prime mover

as the spring moves up and down it will need to move inward and outward, you didnt allow for that it have no give and like mart said will stress the bolts and fail. if you can fab something like on a front axle to fix it?

4. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

from what i understand you need to have the split bones bushed at both ends (im using a four bar link bush at the axle and a tierod type at the chassis front end) and then control the twisting tendency of the axle with one or two links close to the centre above the axle going forward to the frame,or a long arm with the diff end fixed to the diff above AND below then extending forward to an imaginary line between the split bone front mounts.Kinda like a long ladder bar .christ thats hard to visualise isnt it.sorry. [​IMG]
    there was a thread with a long discussion on this a while ago,try a search for 'rear suspension questions'

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

Lowsquire, If you are thinking of " A bone suspension question ", it is in the TECH O MATIC