Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Sparton pancake horn hookup??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Aug 29, 2018.

1. I recently picked up this 12V Sparton horn for my 32 Tudor.
    Any help on how to wire it in would be appreciated. Double terminal pairs, does one pair get wire from relay and the other from button? Which is which? No luck with search. Thanks!
    20180829_120438.jpg
    20180829_120344.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 54vicky

54vicky

I think second is to use a jumper for a second horn if one is low and other is high.someone will be along to correct me if wrong

3. Back for the after work gang. Thanks!

4. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I suspect that one terminal gets a wire from the horn relay (12 Volts nominal). The other terminal gets a wire to chassis ground. My slightly off topic Volvos are wired that way.

5. If you have a meter, just check that those 2 terminals are common (joined) If they are, that's your positive feed. This would normally come from your relay contacts. The ground (negative) is the mounting point (frame) of the horn.
    If the 2 terminals are not electrically joined, one is your positive, the other negative. To work out which is which, just try connecting straight to the battery.

6. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Like what was said , double terminal should be hot and jumper to other side. Check single.terminal for continuity with horn body . I bet it is the ground

7. Thanks for the responses. There are two separated terminals, each with two "extra" tabs. I'm confusing myself, which is pretty simple to do.o_O

8. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Continuity tester,

9. Checked and there IS continuity between the two sets of terminals.
    Hooked a charger to it, one terminal positive, mounting bracket ground.....Nothing
    One terminal positive, one terminal ground..... Bleats like a calf stuck in the fence.
    Is the adjustment the small hex head screw?