Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sparkplug wire keeps popping off from distributor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zz29, Aug 19, 2019.

1. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

You've got a Hurst style saddle mount on the front of the engine. The end of the mounts, where the through bolt goes, are slotted. I'd see if you can "pull" the engine forward 1/4 to 1/2 inch for a bit more clearance. I had to do that with a BBC swap into a 56 Chevrolet I had once. I chained the engine up to my Mother's car, and gave it a couple of "tugs" while a friend watched. It looks like you already have enough fan to radiator clearance to do that. Loosen the trans mount when you do this, it too should have slotted bolt holes. The zip tie will work for now. How's that spread-bore Holley 4 barrel working for you? I had one I sold, now I think I should have kept it. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

2. sunbeam

sunbeam

3. X-cpe

X-cpe

After you do that, tack weld a washer over the slot in the mount or make a little spacer to fill the slot so the motor can't slip back.

4. zz29

zz29

The carb works terrific. Car was sitting for like a year and took it to a car guy to fix and he said carb was the problem so he put a new one. Zero issues and goes fast.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. zz29

zz29