Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spark Plug Wire Routing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by haroldd1963, Mar 17, 2010.

1. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Can some of you post pictures of how you have your Spark Plug Wires seperated and routed?

I am just finishing up updating the 390 in my Galaxie and don't want to route them over the valve covers like the stock wires were.

Looking for ideas on what kind of wire seperators and holders to use.

Thanks,
    Harold

2. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

I would look at all of the engine pics in the different postings.

Can't miss seeing the wire routing in most pics....

good luck.

3. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

4. Although this is not a 390 FE (it's 351W), the arrangement could be the same. You could just try to work up a very neat arrangement of the wires using separators, doing it such a way so as to not create a visual clutter. I'm guessing you have some nice valve covers that you don't want to cover up too much. On a Ford FE, since the distributor is in the front and the exhaust ports are slightly raised above the plugs, it's kind of hard to route the wires like you can do on a Chevy small block.

If you do come up with some cool arrangement where the wires don't go over the valve covers, be sure to post some photos. :)

[​IMG]

5. P.S. I did find this photo for you.

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

Well, I take back what I said about it being somewhat difficult to do .... :)

7. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL