Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spark,compression,tdc,gas..won't Run!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Clash, May 17, 2006.

1. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

I Just Put The Transplanted Flat Six I Got From Noname In The Plymouth And The Damn Thing Won't Fire! It's Real Close . I Think I May Have It Severly Flooded. I'm Letting It Sit Right Now. The Dist And Everything Is At Tdc And The Plug Wires Are All In The Right Order. There Is Good Compressiona And Spark. It Acts Like It Wants To Start But Then Just Sucks Like An Engine That's Flooded. There Is A Ton Of Gas In The Bottom Of The Carb And I Think It Just Needs To Sit. Can Anyone Send Some Suggestions, I Am At A Loss.
    Thanks!

2. Hey just bring it back, no problem no questions asked haha.
    if everything is right it will run, as a last resort put it on the end of a rope about 20 mph in second gear. if it doesn't fire the mistake is on your end.
    stop and pick up my plymouth shop manual

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I'm spitballing, are the valves adjusted right? are you sure its not 180 out? I've spent so much time chasing this problem, only to find the firing order wrong, a loose cap, weak ground, frustrating.

4. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

When I Swap The Plugs 180 It Back Fires So I'm Sure It's Not 180 Out. The Ground Is Good And The Firing Order Is Correct. I Have A Shop Manual For It And No, Jim You Can't Have It Back! It Wil Run I Am Just Too Stupid To Make It Do So. God Damnit This Is Frustrating!!

5. I still need to see it running, driving it to Paso?

6. make sure the plugs aren't fouled - it won't run if you flooded them and they are all black now. It simply won't start - I had problems with my last start up - the plugs would get black = no run - clean them - bam fire right up

7. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

i'm not driving it anywhere the way it sits. i plan on driving it to tacoma for hot rodarama. i put a new clutch in it and whole new gasket set. when it starts i'll drive it up to your place Jim. in the mean time why don't you come down here and show a young punk how to work on flat sixes!:D

8. you callin' me out boy? where are you at? no work today? I have to run out to cliff's classics this morning

9. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

no work today. i got class at 9am till 5pm. school sucks. it takes away from hot rod time. i'll see ya soon pal.:D

10. Take the plugs out, heat 'em up (just a bit, not to cherry red!!) with a torch to burn off the extra gas. Clean 'em and it should fire. Or get a new set of plugs. Turn the engine over a few times with the plugs out to help clear out the cylinders. I'd change the oil too once you get it to fire; the oil could be full of fuel.

Did you mess with the carb? Is it flooding because it didn't fire or will it not fired because it's flooding?

11. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

this may sound stupid, but if there is a puddle of gas in the intake when you look through the carb, that means too much gas, right? thta would cause flooding?