Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spare tire as airbag tank?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64starfire, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

People die all the time, if they didn't the world would be awful crowded.

2. Squablow

Squablow

All I said was that the 5 gallon tank had to hit 135 to pick the front of my car up. I never said I had to have 135 psi in the bags to lift the car. There is a big difference. And the point I'm trying to make is that even if you can get a tire pressurized high enough, I don't think it'll have enough volume to stand on it's own.

3. 64starfire

64starfire

Wow, I forgot I even posted this. Seems like it's gotten a lot of action. Anyhow eventually when I get the air setup installed, I'll probably go with scuba tanks, but keep a small expansion tank and one compressor for emergencies.

4. mustangsix

mustangsix

I saw a mini-truck at a car show that used the chassis as an air tank. A portion was boxed in and tapped for lines. Seemed to work ok.

5. crow magnum

crow magnum
    from murphy,nc.

thank yopu for your services and our freedom..as far as the idea...i think it is great.....we sell jet skiis and motorcycles and the ronko motor bike carries gasoline in its sealed rims, so you do what ever you want...at least use nitrogen..even more interesting..lol