Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods spam

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frankie47, Jul 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

15 minutes of reporting spam this morning before I could even peek at a thread.......when you see spam don't blow it off report it.......you guys who don't do this are some lazy SOBs.

2. Every time I see it.

3. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I was surprised at the amount that was on this morning. Reported it.

bct, loudbang, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  4. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

reported every one

loudbang, Deuces and Hnstray like this.

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I report it every time I see it.

Kudos to the HAMB mod squad for deleting those so quickly!!

6. 5window

5window

I can't say I see it more than once a week.

loudbang likes this.
  7. There must have been a "Spam moron's special" on tonight, I had to stop reporting after about a dozen. Who actually falls for this crap anyway?

8. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

After the spam is reported twice ? I believe the website itself deletes it automatically ........not sure tho.

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Zapped 66 spam posts with 4 clicks....

66 posts were by 4 robot spammers.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Must be that soccer one that I was reporting a batch of them over the weekend. they were popping up faster than I could hit the report button.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Deuces

Deuces

:D:mad::D

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Report the profile also. Thanks for doing it. I mostly see it in the late nights.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  13. loudbang

loudbang

@Ryan Must be the season. :mad: My own OT website was hit with over 100 today too. All russian spammers again

14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

there is no need to report the profile as well as the post. when the post is deleted for spam by a mod, their profile is banned at the same time automatically and all of their previous activity is erased

Hombre, Dean Lowe, Torkwrench and 5 others like this.
  15. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

when they are reported twice, it gets a soft delete which means it is no longer visible on the site, but it still takes a mod to zap it gone...

16. catdad49

catdad49

I Love zapping them, just like flies!

17. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I'm just proud of myself that I have learned how to report spam on this infernal machine.
    Great job Moderators.

18. Deuces

Deuces

:mad::D

19. catdad49

catdad49

What time do some of you get up, so maybe I can be of more help?

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  20. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I guess those hot MILFs who desperately need love won’t be showing up then huh? :p

21. Deuces

Deuces

I'm up @3:00am during the week getting ready for work.... I watch the news and check out the hamb every morning.... Sometimes I'll sit there for 15 minutes reporting spam... :mad::rolleyes:

catdad49, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. upspirate

upspirate

I reported a crap load this am also

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  23. I hit them when I see them.

Deuces, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  24. adam401

adam401

I ate Spam for the first time in like 20 years a few days ago and it was awesome. I fried it up and put it on toasted white bread with mustard. So bad for you but mmmm so good. I'll post a picture next time.

25. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I'm retired, this is my schedule.
    Do : 00000000000000000

loudbang, dirty old man and Deuces like this.
  26. ken bogren

ken bogren

I report all I see, but you have to wait a few seconds in between reports!

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  27. ken bogren

ken bogren

Do the two spam reports need to be on the same post, or do two spam reports about posts by the same spammer hide all that spammers posts?

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  28. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Two for each post is needed, it would be cool if that were enough to stop each spammer in their tracks. I too, report it every time I see it, but I must have missed all of them for the past couple of weeks.
    Hambers v Spammers, the eternal struggle continues.

Deuces, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  29. loudbang

loudbang

They are still at it on my OT site another hundred today were posted while I was asleep.

Deuces likes this.
  30. Was 196 #'s

Was 196 #'s

A staple in ’Uncle’ Nat’s kitchen, I haven’t had spam in 55 or 60 years, so I don’t completely remember, but it must have been ok. I didn’t know this was not a commonly accepted food until years later.

‘Uncle’ Nat was trapped behind enemy lines during WWII. Not making this up, but as an investigator he hid in a boxcar full of spam for 3 weeks when his contact failed to meet him. He developed a liking for spam, hence it was always in his family’s kitchen after the war. He changed his name when he came home as he liked living, though that would be a number of other stories, some off-topic, for another time.

I could stop the back story here, but you might ask how he ended up in the boxcar. Seems he was an MP until he beat someone’s ass for some religious insults he didn’t like. Insulting him would have been a bad idea; for one thing he was very large, for another thing, he became a private investigator starting when he was in high school, and for another thing, he had some unspecified friends in the Jewish side of the Chicago mob in the 1930’s. I could tell a funny story or two, like the time they dangled the high school principal out a second story window because they didn't think he was handling a problem they were having correctly, but I won't. I worked for some of those guys during my teens and twenties, they all had funny accents and speech patterns, but let’s forget about that.

He became a P.I. simply so that he could legally carry a gun in high school (I’m not sure what his objection to illegally carrying was); his father made a deal with the mob that resulted in, I’m told, massive quantities of cash moments before the stock market crash occurred. I’ve been told on many occasions that they rode out the depression in luxury, as the cash never made it to a failing bank of any sort. I presume that had to do with his desire for a gun during his teenage years.

So the last part of the spam story is how he went from being an MP beating someone’s ass, to being a special investigator in the OSS (heard of it?). He was called into one of the commander’s offices for this. The commander looked up, and startled, said, “Nat, what the hell are you doing here?” Seems Nat knew him from earlier days in Chicago. Nat was told that there was a lot of pressure on the officer to punish him, so, recalling how Nat had been a P.I. in Chicago, he said something along the lines of, “How about if I make you a special investigator and reassign you somewhere else?” The rest is spam history . . .

catdad49, Deuces and loudbang like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.