Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spam post removal.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by kiwijeff, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Parasites piss me off.
    It's my little pain in the ass, problem, caused by salespeople, coming into my studios over the years, trying to ride my hard work.

So now when these lazy waste of space, freeloading parasites, post their magic penis enlarging wonder powder products on the Hamb, I'm on em, like a fly on a cow pie.

So, here's what I've learned.

If you report them, it only takes two times, and their cheap sales posts disappear.

Sometimes, these posts can stay up for some time, so I bang the report button, go back to main menu, and If no one else has reported them ( meaning with my report, post will be gone), I report em again, and they vanish.

Why did I start this thread?
    Cause these creeps are jumping on here a lot more than they used to, and I take a kind of pleasure in kickin them off.

Max Gearhead and The37Kid like this.
  2. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

How does that work again? I report them as I see them, usually around midnite and after is when they crop up, but I figured it was flagged and then a moderator or somebody had to review it, and decide to nuke it.

3. I'm not sure how it works as to the mods side, just that it only takes two reports, (I just type in, spam)
    and they're gone.
    Maybe manually by a mod, but I suspect it's programmed into the system.
    Any mods want to reply?

Or tell me to stop being nosy. :D

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sometimes a pre-filter will auto report and we nuke it.
    Or sometimes it slips through, you report and we nuke it.

kiwijeff likes this.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It doesn't matter too much how it's done, just thanks for y'all that report them and double thanks for the ones that NUKE'EM! I report them when I see them too, we don't need no fancy purses or penile enlargement around here!

kiwijeff likes this.
  6. HiHelix

HiHelix

For A newer user that takes this site seriously this is good info.on how to report.
    All things considered on this site not to exclude the level of dedication and knowledge base of the participants the administration is very tolerant... even some of my stupid crap is left up to dry up and die .... you know what they say about writing on the wall... " Your ignorance is left in black and white"
    I mean this only as humor and not as flaming the admin or anyone.... But If they post some Estrogen adds Ill leave them up for you guys....

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. In the big scheme of things, this site dosent get much spam.
    One site I used to frequent, got so much spam, and the mods were permanently asleep, that I just quit going there.

8. The main thing to remember is don't reply ~ just hit !Report! the moderators will take it from there. HRP

9. 117harv

117harv

10. I just read Ryan's spam etiquette thread, or some of it.
    The first post blew me away with just how much the Hamb was getting spammed.

These spammers should get a real job.

11. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Are there any Moderators online after midnite like us lunatics though? That seems to be prime time for these creatures.

12. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

You forget the time zone difference although I see plenty of Spam on one of Ryan's other forums coming out of Asia and when you check the IP address they are mostly in Indonesia, India and many of the places in the same area. Not sure about here on the HAMB but I would expect all of Ryan's forums get the same Spam traffic. As for a real job well sadly that is what many of them have a for a real job just like all the scam phone calls we get as well. Yes there is an answer for that but it is not a topic for the HAMB as it is political. Communications laws have not kept up to date with technology.

Report all Spam and some times if you see they have more than one post just report them once as a Spammer with multiple posts as that helps any Moderator deal with it.

kiwijeff likes this.
  13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yes - quite often. I'm one of those lifetime short sleepers.
    At most, 3 - 3-1/2 hours of sleep per day the last 50 years.

Truck64 and lothiandon1940 like this.