Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spacetruck poser 2.0 updates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frizby, May 31, 2006.

1. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

First off someone needs to come up with a better name for this pile, spacetruck version 2.0 is lame, Plowboy came up with the name if that explains it! Been working off and on on this for a while now, seems like it's taking forever, but it is the first car I've built. Watching Plowboy spoiled me I thought this shit was easy, it aint, but it is alot of fun. I've done somethings different than plowboy and it's been a challenge just trying to change things here and there so I don't feel like a total copy cat, even though I still feel that way. But I love his truck and car and wanted one of my own, just so happens We came across the same style truck. Any way trying to change something as perfect as his truck is hard. I've worked for days sometimes just to cut it all back off and start over, I'm sure you all know how that feels. Two steps forward one back. Well enough bullshit, here it is.

35 chevy truck, 59 pontiac backend, 66 buick with sp400(soon to have 6 94's), 58 ford grill mesh in shell, mustang seats, astro supemes with 1inch whites. Chaneled 7in in front 6in rear, 5inch drop axle on stock parallel leafs, 9inch with leafs in rear. that's about it by the way this started as a one ton grain truck! FRIZ

Attached Files:

2. Call it a "homage"
    Looks great.

3. beyondhelp

beyondhelp

Don't know what to call it but I think it's cool. Hmm, I've got a cad 472, an s-10 frame and a welder... dangit, one day I'm gonna do it.

4. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

Here's a few more with one of the mistakes that took some time. I couldn't find a back end so I sectioned up a truck bed I had laying around.

Attached Files:

5. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Who's Chet?

Seriously though I'm in the hunt for a 58-59 fleetside shortbed, but I think yours is a bit TOO short.

Spacetruck 2.0 looks good'er than a mofo! Yeah the name is ubber ghey, so how about:
    Martian Mayhem
    The Venus Vagina Getter or Hauler (Your call)
    Jupiter Junk
    Spunknik

6. McFly

McFly

I kinda liked the fleet side....but who's CHET? J/K

InDaShop beat me to it...damn your fast!

7. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

personally I like the pontiac rear better than the truck one :)
    looks good though!

8. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

When i narrowed it and it said CHET, I almost ran it for the super cheese factor. I do like spunknik though it kind of fits. Thanks for the good words, somebody put it down and get me all pissed off, I work better when I'm pissed, and I might actually be able to finish sooner with some fire under me! FRIZ

9. chopndrop

chopndrop

looks stupid, now get back to work

10. Muttley

Muttley

Paint it green with super heavy bass boat type flake and call it green cheese.

11. The Cisco Kid

The Cisco Kid

You'd get more done if you would work on it instead of putting it all together and taking pictures then taking it all back apart.

I thought Grote put it down on a regular basis. That should keep you motivated enough.

12. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Spunknik

I can hear Aaron now, get that Spunknik truck out of my driveway, it keeps trying to hump the Lunar Lander!

13. The Martian Mollester is looking good,
    Where you going to paint the rainbow??? :D

14. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

WHY DON'T PEOPLE CALL IT THE "DOC FRANKENSTEIN" poser look.....

no disrespect to PLOWBOY,,,,but...

DOC FRANKENSTIEN was the FIRST ONE to build a truck with a 50's/60's rear end sheetmetal treatment...

15. magnet

magnet

call it.. "Plow"

or Cruck (car-truck)

:) rainbows are for leprechauns.

16. Plowboy

Plowboy

Actually, I always give props to the Doc for being the one who got my juices flowing although if you read your little mags, the concept is nothing new. I am not a big collector of little mags though, and only in the past year have I seen a bunch of pictures of similar ideas, mainly because frizby has been showing me them out of his library. Thom Taylor has been drawing similar designs since at least the 90's because I have a custom rodder with a bunch of pictures in it using later model sheetmetal. If you really want to get down to it, the "Eclipse" was probably the first well known car. Moriarity probably knows the truth in that large custom god brain of his.

Some unknown shmoe from the 60's was probably the first, and is totally unkown today because someone ripped off his idea. Ha Ha Ha

I think frizby's truck is going to come out awesome. It may even be cooler than mine! Ha Ha Ha

17. NoSurf

NoSurf

I think it's gay.

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

PLEASE chop it this time! ;) :D

PLEEEEEAASSSE!

If it was a Mercury bed, it could be Mercury 7.

Paint it white and call it the Columbia.

19. flathead okie

flathead okie

It does look gay, don't it. Hell, I hope you don't think your gonna get famous for buildin' shit like that. Copying other peoples stuff , instead of comimg up with a fresh idea on your own. Pitiful. Instead of mocking it up and takin' pics, asking what people think you should just go out and buy a car thats someone else built that already has guys oowin and awwin, you no buildin pile of crap.................

Did that piss you off enough to get motivated??

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

Looks great! Have you seen the new issue of Rod & Custom? They have a whole section on adding car rears to truck fronts, but with 50s/60s trucks

21. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'd chop it, center the rear window and call it...

The Cornfield Menace

or, if we make the connection to the actual space race (ala Sputnik), here's a couple of good ones, courtesy of wikipedia...

Veterok and Ugolyok

Veterok (Ветерок, "Little Wind/Breeze") and Ugolyok (Уголёк, "Little Piece of Coal") were launched on February 22, 1966 on board Voskhod 3 and spent 22 days in orbit before landing on March 16. This spaceflight of record-breaking duration was not surpassed by humans until Skylab 2 in June 1974 and still stands as the longest space flight by dogs.

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I said please. :D

Chop the living fuck out of it and call it the Spacefuck.

23. "Cum Dumpster"?

Maybe not.... I'm no good with names anyway.

That "CHET" tailgate is so cheesy it's perfect. The Poncho rear end is great too. I'd chop the cab then see which looks best. Choppin' that cab may make the "CHET" bed look even better. You may be on to something there.

The Poncho rear, with those wheels, is going to look VERY "Spacetruck". The color & a chop would set it apart though.

Either way, I love it.

JH

24. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I have never been one to name a car......so if it was mine I would just call it "my truck"

Dear Frizby,
    I hate your stinkin guts.
    You make me vomit.
    You are the scuuum between my toes.
    Love, Nicholas

It looks awesome Heath. Hopefully ill see you around this summer so we can play footsie.

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

SonOfSpacetruck

But it has to be shorter, so CHOP it!

26. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

Thank you for the kind words Flathead Okie, when I get done crying I'll get back to work. Keep the names coming, there are some good ones, except I have no idea what monsterflake is talking about I can't even pronounce that shit! The truck will be green when finished and it will be plenty cheesy also, as most 60's show shit was. I get the feeling Django wants this chopped, I do also but it may be a year or so, right now I'm just concentrating on getting my first car on the road, It won't be painted for a while just driven. I've never chopped anything and that wood seems like a challenge, there is a shit load of it holding everthing together. I give props to anyone out there building stuff like this, got pictures of Docs truck on the wall of fame. I'm a big fan of off the wall 60's show cars and their respected builders Doc, Plowboy, Fritz, moriarty, and all the ones that came before us. The Eclipse is a favorite of mine it's a 32 roadster pickup with a 59 chevy car done up as a truck bed, probably nicer than anything plow or I will ever do. It was built by a guy named Ray Farhner in Kansas. I'm also a huge fan of barris's kopper kart, my brother has a 59 apache pickup, and I'm begging him to let me do some work on it like Thom taylors new drawings, the white and red chevy with the lincoln quarters is bad. Thanks for the put downs I gotta get back to work. FRIZ

27. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I'm Chet!
    J/K :D. Wyatt-Wish I'd a known you 3 yrs back, Cuz I had a "Cherry One" I sold it to Dan Collins cuz his got all smashed up! Still have the tailgate & chains as well as the wood bed strips.

28. 38pickup

38pickup

U could paint it heavy candy mattalic red and call it The Cherry Popper
    Oh and yes chop the shit out of it.

29. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Love it,call it ANYTHING you want,...it's unique and yours!:)

30. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

And yea....whack it hard!:)