Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Projects Space Wolf’s coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Space Wolf, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:47 PM.

1. I guess this will be my intro/build thread. Lurked on the Hamb for a bit and finally got my own project so thought I’d post it up here. Built quite a few motorcycles but this is my first car build of any kind. I hope to learn from the members here and maybe someone will take something from this as well.

I sold my 64 pan and started looking for a coupe project. Found one that someone started but had sat for a while, figured it was at good place for me to pick up and would hopefully save some time. The body looked nice and once belonged to the Crawford auto-aviation museum (was stamped in Cleveland) but the funding ran out on the restoration project, the original chassis is still on display there.

The project came with a Brookville chassis. My plan is a traditional style build and once I got it to my shop I wasn’t super happy with the frame so I sold the whole chassis.

I found a good deal on a SoCal 32 frame at the tri state swap in Denver and basically started over.

Been ordering parts from SoCal with the help of the guys at Lone Wolf Customs in Denver and finally got a roller back in my shop! I decided to go with 7.50 firestones rear and a little bigger than usual in the front with 6.50 Firestones as well, I like it so far but we’ll see

Anyways that’s where I am now, couple months to get back to square one but I’m happy with the way it’s worked out.
    I got the body sandblasted and on the frame and started figuring out the subrail situation to match the 32 frame.

Figured the easiest way for me to tackle this was to order a kit from steadfast mfg. Got some time today and started to cut out the subrails to get the body to sit down on the frame.

I plan on a little bit of channel on the front of the car to hide the gap under the frame after I finish the rear then start to build the floor.

I’m really busy with work and a new kiddo, so my time is kinda limited but I’m really excited to finally start this project. Might be a little slow but I’ll post as detailed of pics as I can and I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions too. Thanks for checking it out! Ben

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 9:15 PM
  2. dwollam

dwollam

None of your picture links are working.

Dave

3. Should be good to go! Sorry!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 9:33 PM
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. dwollam

dwollam

Yep, pics working now!

Dave

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. dwollam

dwollam

Looking good!
    Dave

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

7. Looks great, I like the wheels

8. waxhead

waxhead
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from West Oz

Yep, looking good, love the wheels as well.

9. brady1929

brady1929
    from Mesa, Az

Damn that's nice.

10. Very cool. I like it. :)

11. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

Great start! Looks awesome!