Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. 2 days away until Sunday's run... should be a good time!

2loud... depending on the day, I might be interested in a Saturday morning meet again. My work picks up here this month and it makes it harder for me to get out.

2. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Several of the guys that came to Mon City and some that didn't make it expressed interest in other sites. The mountain run is a good example.You guys out there, let's hear your ideas.If you check back with the original intent of this thread it is to get old car guys together away from the car show crowd.

3. I'd almost always be interested in anything south/southeast of the city... just keep me in the loop. I'm open to other things too, just depends on my schedule to make a longer trip...

4. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Fiddles has a nice lot on the side of their building and normally is only open for breakfast and lunch--so breakfast is probably good,also in Brownsville up on the hill on old 40 is a Diner (a real stainless steel one)
    Anyone know if Johnnys in Elizabeth is open in the mornings??

Anyone else have any places?????

5. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Bump all the way from San Jose, It sounds like you guys are doing pretty good over there

6. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Johnny's opens late on the weekend I think 10 10:30. What about the Eat'n Park at the Waterfront in Homestead? I hear that they have something there every Sat.morning. How about you guys closer to the city? any ideas? Beaver was real nice today. They gave plaques to the first thousand cars. I wonder how many were there. Saw a lot of Ohio, West VA and a few MD cars.

7. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Eat & park in Homestead is 3rd week of the month,according to Big Als list

8. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

9. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Thank's for the pictures Gary! You guys are Hard Core Hot Rodders!

10. The line up at Walmart.

Attached Files:

11. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Anyone want to go to the Chuckwagon for HAMB&eggs---then BS in parking lot this Sat??

12. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Can I get bacon?

13. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

sure!!!:d

14. cool pic

15. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Don't forget Quaker steak & lube Sat. evening Aug. 11, 2012.
    Sponsored by Vin Tin of WPA.

Ago

16. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Ok Thanks---one suggestion---why not have a block of parking spaces saved say till 6:00 for Traditional rods and older customs? I remember a couple years ago I went there when some Mustang club was hosting---I got there early ,parked my rod and was told to move it that row was for mustangs only!

17. WDobos

WDobos

Anything for sure yet for Sat morning the 11th ? Where is the Quaker Steak and Lube/Vintage Tin cruise located (address) ?

18. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Quaker Steak is on Rt 51 in Southland Shopping center,near Century 3 Mall

Havent had any response about Sat???

19. 2loud2old

2loud2old

I went to that Lube "Cruise" one time and it was almost all Mustangs, I was in my '57 and I felt out of place so left and never went back. Chuck Wagon on Sat.AM sounds good to me and I plan to be there. I think it is a good idea that we get together at the real old places. Too bad Johnny's isn't open earlier on the weekend. Anybody know of any other old places that are still open that we could go to?

20. Don't know if I can make it this Saturday... If something changes I'll let you know.

21. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i'll be working at the Washington Co. Fair. (i travel with the carnival, working the rubes) no, i'll be at the John White House representing Washington County History & Landmarks.

22. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Well so far there are couple in for Sat---I'll be there regardless (used to hang out there in 50's)You would pull-up and there were speakers at each parking space you would place your order thru the speaker and then a cutie would bring it to your car--now that was SERVICE

On another note ,the Summit Diner in Somerset is another possible place.
    They have an afternoon cruise once a month--remaining ones are 8/26,9/23,and10/14.
    I was thinking If we would go up there early on one of those days& have breakfast--then maybe someone (probably a Berlin guy) could take us on a tour in that area,then come back for the cruise--anyone in for something like that?--by the way,only cruise I've ever been to thats free,with door prises and they give you a FREE T-Shirt!!!

23. WDobos

WDobos

I know many of you guys know where all this places are,but for us not from Pittsburgh,please include the location of the places you mention to go to. It really makes it nice to know where you are planing to go ,then we'll know if we might be able to make it.

24. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Vin tin has saved spaces for traditional rods.

Ago

25. 383 240z

383 240z

There is a real car hop in Bridgewater, Beaver Co. still open, Bruster's Ice Cream next door. Even have the trays that hang on the windows and lots of neon lights. Pretty cool place near the river. I'll post up the address if anybody is interested. Keith

26. richie rebel

richie rebel

(gerrys curb service)

27. 383 240z

383 240z

That's the one! Keith

28. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

The Vintage Tin Cruise at Quaker Steak & Lube should be GOOD.

Just like when the PID Reunion Cruise was there a good turn out of cars showed up unlike what they normally on a regular Saturday cruise night.

At a usual Saturday cruise night @ the Route 51 Lube there are NOT many cars there & just like 2Loud said "almost all Mustangs" or newer cars

Plus the DJ tries too hard to play Mad Mike & other "off the wall" Pittsburgh tunes that nobody has ever heard before.

I'm with you 2loud "I'll never go back!!!!!

29. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Give it another try---might have been there con a bad night??????

30. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

read post #223 !