Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

2. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Didn't make your first get together, out of town, but keep me posted of any other ones you've got planed.
    Butch

3. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

4. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Hey
    I didn't realize you are a member of Vintage Tin. I was one of the original members back in 1969 or 1970.We would meet in a basement in Level Green. How many members now?
    Bill schwoeble

5. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

NO..... WE DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THAT..... that move would surely cut down on the amount of cars that attend..... it would be a radical change.

6. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Vin tin has about 25-28 members now, some of the orginal are still in: Lentz, Frolic, Davin, Sabo, Setner.

Ago

7. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I heard a RUMOR that they are selling off some of their property????

8. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Anybody want to take a run up on the mountain later this month? Ohiopyle,Yough Lake...

9. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Sounds good!

10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

keep me posted. if i'm free i'll go.

11. 2loud2old

2loud2old

How about July21 or 22? maybe we can tie it into the Rally in the Valley, or the next weekend 28-29. Several guys at MonCity last week mentioned Sunday may be a better day than Saturday. I like it early before it gets too hot! What do you guys on the mountain think?

12. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Can't tie it into Ralley in the Valley---Thats an all day affair
    28 & 29 is Jalopy Showdown invatational

13. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

We have a great Diner just off the Somerset turnpike...Great $3.99 breakfast special and the back section has some super airbrushed and pinstriped 50's stuff....i might be able to get us a discount if a "group" shows up. Let me know.
    The restaurant by the old Lone Star Restarant, Kurt's, has great food too. This place sits above the Yough Lake, near Nemacolin.
    Might be a better choice for the majority.

14. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Both of them places has good food & can't beat Kurts homemade bread & pastry's to go

15. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

16. If there is enough interest, I'd plan a run up through the mountains with stops around ohiopyle and other scenic stops on the way... How about august 5th?

17. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

August 5th is Louisville weekend.

Ago

18. Ago... yeah I didn't realize at first that was Louisville, but anymore there is something going on just about every weekend so it's hard to find a date where there are no conflicts.

I will still go ahead and put the date of August 5th out there though if anyone has an interest of reliability run through the mountains? I say if we can get 7-10 cars together, we should do it. I'm thinking the ride would start on Rt. 40 near Uniontown and would end on Rt. 30 in Greensburg with stops along the way (Ohiopyle, Ligoneer, maybe 1 or 2 others?) . We could head our seperate ways from there

Anyone interested? Who is in? I'll make a thread on "PAR"

19. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I would be game to go BUT I tore my sleeper apart to re-paint it and don't think I will have it done and back together yet.

[​IMG]

Furthermore my band has a show the night before in latrobe so my 4x4 f-1 will be full of band equipment and taking it on a reliability run with 1500 pounds of equipment in it is kinda redundant since I do that every weekend for tens of thousands of miles a year.

I would be game later in the summer or early fall though.

20. John - You are buzz kill! haha jk

21. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Bump....or you can look up Ronnie's morning get together july 14th too....

22. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

14th not good for us..... might be able to do August 5th.

Used to ride up to Ohiopyle - Somerset area on our motorcycles before my body started falling apart!!!! :(

Another nice place to stop is Falling Water.... has a nice place to eat, etc...... lots of options.

23. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

another guy like myself that thought to never give up motorcycles. until you finally admit your getting old. Rode my Triumph Bonni last year 100 miles one day ,got home crashed on the couch in pain.

Ago

24. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Accurately put!!!!

We still ride them to a cruise once in awhile.

Consider being out for a putt for a 1/2 hour or so a LONG RIDE.

Too bad.... It's a really nice bike..... should sell it.... BUT!!!!! :rolleyes:

25. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Anybody tuning in to the Pgh Area Rodders Group?--Been some sugestions on there and no one replying????:confused:

26. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Bump all the way from SAN JOSE........

27. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Bump ..... As Mott the Hopple would say...... "All the way to Memphis!!!! and back to the "Burgh"

BTW..... on our flight from LA we connected in Vegas..... met Pittsburgh Steeler Willie Colon at the airport. About the only thing we did in Vegas that was any good..... also did end up gaining a "daughter" (our son got married) but lost $$$ on those dam slot machines.

$$$$ Opel Money $$$$ :(

28. Don't forget. Fiddles Car Show in Brownsville Pa. Sat. August 5th at 4pm.

29. i was actually just thinking about this cruise the other day, wasn't sure if it was still going to happen or not...

30. yeah we wasn't sure if were going to have it either. there was some construction going on down town.