Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Yeh,and I ordered you a beer and you never came back in to drink it!

2. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Let's bring it back!!! I was at one Wexford church cruz so far, was PACKED!!! Worth the trip if you haven't been there yet.

Parts-a-Rama is this weekend. Good for a day out and a greasy steak sandwich at best, but still something to do.

Are there enough of us to get together? Maybe, heaven forbid, actually cruz somewhere together?

Kensey
    www.combustion-junkie.com

3. Flop

Flop

Since when do you leave the house ?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Good point...

5. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

how about a HotRod cookout at Mingo Park?

6. Jibs

Jibs

You bringing the burgers & beer?

7. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

no. but i'll bring an axe to cut some dead wood.

8. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Let's pick a day where we can go to a show, leave and do a short road trip to another show. Like a gang! Maybe we'll even rumble with some Shriners or something??

9. Jibs

Jibs

Theres a nice little show in Marianna, Pa next Saturday, (http://www.carcruises.com/cruise_detail.asp?eid=32391), 11am to 3pm, then we could cruise over to Meadowlands, Pa, McDonalds for the cruise there 6pm to 9pm. Marianna show usually about 75 cars, McDonalds cruise usually more than 100 cars. These two are roughly 20-25 miles apart.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

man, I don't know if my car can make 20 miles.

11. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Marianna, Pa is 1.5 hrs from me. Maybe we need to split the Pa HAMB group up into chapters:)

12. oldguy2

oldguy2
    from pittsburgh

I am from the North Hills, i would like to hook up to.. Where else to you go , i go to the church in wexford too..

13. Jibs

Jibs

Might be a good idea. Where do you live in Pittsburgh? I know I can get to downtown in a 1/2 hour, Marianna is another 1/2 hour from Canonsburg. I can see it taking 1.5 hours from some parts of Pittsburgh. I just threw it out there to see if anyone was interested. If you don't want to drive that far, take a ride to Meadowlands, McDonalds, usually a big turn out if the weather is good.
    Never gone to the Church, from what I hear too many late model cars for me. If I want to see new Camaros, Mustangs & Corvettes I can go to a dealer.

14. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Jibs, I have to say the church is one of the best shows around! Some late models, but the good stuff out numbers them big time. And the car count is well over 600. I'd guess 800. You gotta go at least once, seriously.

Oldguy2, I'm in the North Hills to. I don't hit a lot of shows, but I drive the shit out of my car. Black 61 Buick, flip me off if you see me.

15. 38mag

38mag

Check carcruises.com, lots or things to do in Western PA 1 1/2 hr from Pgh.

16. I live about 5 minutes from Norwin Hills. It gets pretty packed on Saturdays.

17. 38mag

38mag

Àlso ckeck out North-West Area Car Cruises on Facebook

18. Jibs

Jibs

Kensey, I guess your right I'll have to check out the church at least once. My problem is my mother in law lives about 5 miles from there, so I have to stop at her place first. I've heard that if your not in the parking lot by 4pm, you might as well park on 19. That's way too early for me. I can't see me fighting traffic on 79 just to go to a cruise.

jadegrenade51, I have a couple friends that have gone to the Norwin Hills cruise, they say its pretty nice. Problem with Norwin Hill is going thru Pittsburgh to get there. Maybe once my 47 Chevy is back on the road I'll make it there.

Anyone go to Paradise Island Bowl on Neville Island on Tuesday nights? Heard its pretty good.

19. 54reno

54reno

Cruise - a - palozza at the Butler Fairgrounds this Sunday.

20. Flop

Flop

Best events of the year coming up . Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix . Will be at walnut street on July 13th and the golf course the 18/19th with both cars . ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1435061362.664031.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1435061492.990695.jpg

21. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Tom, you interested in this?

Attached Files:

22. Flop

Flop

Yup call me tonite . 412 867 1659

23. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Jibs, the church does fill up quick. But that's kinda good to, lots of cars. A lot of the early birds leave early as well, spots open up. Show up late, still a good show! Or just get there when you get there, but I'm telling you it's a giant show.

24. Jibs

Jibs

Kensey, Maybe I'll just drive the everyday vehicle up there the first time just to see if its worth it.

25. oldguy2

oldguy2
    from pittsburgh

Jibs if you go to the church i have the gray 37 ford . i bought some parts from you and i'm Danny's dad.. see ya there

26. Jibs

Jibs

Oldguy2, I remember you, did that steering stabilizer work out OK? When I come up there I'll look you up.

27. oldguy2

oldguy2
    from pittsburgh

Well we just drove to York a few weeks ago and no problems...If you go anywhere down your way let me know, we can take a ride, pgh mills tonite...

28. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

oldguy2, how is the Mills show?

29. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Flop-----I been to the Gran Prix cruise at waterfront----I thought the other stuff was just for sports & race cars???

30. oldguy2

oldguy2
    from pittsburgh

if weather nice they get a good crowd not like the church but still good turn out..