Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I am planning on going.

2. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I'll be there--who is bringing the beer?

3. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I will probably bring a case with me.

you camping or hotel or going down in the AM?

4. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Motel--going Fri morn & coming home Sun & probably stop at Summit Diner cruise

5. There's a group of us heading out early Friday afternoon. See ya guys there.

Dustin

6. book85

book85

Ill be heading down also. Ill be in the coupe in my profile pic.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Don't forget Vintage Tin Cruise Sun. May,18 2014 at Scott Township Park, near Heidelberg off Rt. 50.

Ago

8. I'll be there one way or another on Saturday at the very least.

9. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

I'll be heading to the Showdown tomorrow. Also plan on getting back in time for the Vintage Tin Show.

10. Just as an FYI, the HAMB has our social group up and running again... Pittsburgh Area Rodders - it is listed under the "geographical" social forums

11. Friday June 6, Lew031, car doctor, myself, and a few others I'm sure, will be headed out to York for the NSRA Street Rod Nats East if anyone wants to join. I will post when and where we are leaving once I know for sure.

12. We will be leaving from the gas station at 711 / 30 in Ligioner around 8:00 AM Friday

13. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

The Race was ON!

at the Summit Mt. Hill climbs & Uniontown Speedway board track

Vintage Car & Bike Owners!

Celebrate 100 Years of Racing History, June 14, 2014, at the

Summit Mt. Hill Climb and Early Iron Show

Summit Mountain Hill Climb: Cars and motorcycles built before 1932 are eligible for the Hill Climb. Line up at Manor Bowling Lanes, 112 Hopwood-Fairchance Road in Hopwood at 9 a. m. Climb begins at 10 a. m. Climb at your own risk.

Summit Mountain Early Iron Car Club Show: Cars and motorcycles 25 years or older are invited to join the show at 9 a. m. It will be held in the parking area below the swimming pool at the Historic Summit Resort Inn from 10 a.m. - 2 p. m. The club will accept donations for the Wounded Warrior Patrol at their booth. Refreshments will be available. Public welcome!

Racing History Presentation: Author Marci McGuinness will be telling the story of the Summit Mountain Hill Climbs 1913 – 1915 and the Uniontown Speedway board track, 1916 – 1922, as depicted in her books, Yesteryear at the Uniontown Speedway and Speedway Kings,100 Years of Racing History. The author will also be autographing books, displaying photographs, documenting the hill climb, and talking about her screenplay, Speed Kings.

Lodging: The Historic Summit Resort Inn has blocked rooms for those wanting to stay Friday night, June 13, before the hill climb. Call 800 433-8694 or 724 438-2085 and mention the “Summit Hill Climb” rate.

Barney Oldfield and Louis Chevrolet slept here when Barney beat Louis out of a pot of gold worth $5,000. Uniontown Speedway board track, 1918.

jadegrenade 51 likes this.
  14. 2loud2old

2loud2old

15. I finally got to meet Gary T over Memorial Day weekend and, YES he had a beer in his hand! :)

16. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

I lazily skimmed this thread...are there any decent drive-in (food) places around the Burgh? Preferably not east, or too far east. Looking for a place for a late Sunday lunch/early dinner.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  17. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

How about north to Bridgewater?
    http://jerryscurbservice.com/index.html

I know you said you weren't interested in going east but thought I should mention that the Summit Diner in Somerset is having its monthly cruise on Sunday afternoon.

18. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

Jerry's sounds doable...Somerset sounds good too tho. Thanks!

19. -----

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  20. book85

book85

Jerry's! Thats my neck of the woods!

21. Seems like this thread and the Pittsburgh Area Rodders social group has went missing... just bumping this back up and reminding you guys to check into PAR every once in a while for area news, classifieds, etc.

22. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Heading to Syracuse Natl's tomorrow!!!!

23. always wanted to go to this show... have fun

24. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Me too,woke up feeling like shit & didn't go

25. well since you'll be around, dont forget about rally in the valley this saturday

26. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Yeh,I'll be there

27. This Saturday is Bud Garvey's annual picnic and car show at his race car museum in Osceola Mills, Pa.
    There is a group of us heading out from the Lamplighter on Rt.22 at 8:00 AM if anyone wants to join.
    This is a great time with all the vintage race cars and hot rods on display.

28. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Will be at Lamplighter at 7 & have breakfast& leave at 8

29. 2loud2old

2loud2old

I am having a difficult time adjusting to the new format. I don't know how to find many things that I used to look at on the old board.

30. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa