Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. It was pretty packed. Irwin also had their annual car cruise on Saturday.

2. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

The downtown Irwin cruise had well over 300, maybe 350 cars. Stopped in at Norwin Hills as well.

3. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

My buddy Geoege was the dj I have the count from Irwin it was over 400 cars, 1st time they had good weather all day for a couple of years

4. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I think there was more than that at Mineral Beach this past Fri night,and it don't cost $10.00 to park your car!!:D

5. I parked the "Jade Grenade" right next to 3 brand new Mustangs with their hoods up when I was at Norwin Hills....I'm sure they appreciated that!

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Ha Ha--reminds me ----one time I had my baffles out & one of them parked next to me & then he went walking around. A friend wanted to hear what my car sounded like& I told him --the keys are in it--start it up. When he did it set the assholes alarm off hahaha--man was he pissed--damn junk was sitting there blowing its siren for about 5 min before he got back to it hahahahaha:D

7. any of you guys heading up to Latimore (Jalopy Showdown) this year?

8. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I am planning on heading to latimore.

9. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

I'm going to the Showdown as well.

10. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Can't make it this year--wife just had surgery

11. heading to the showdown on friday... wouldn't miss it

12. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Heading to showdown Fri morning with a bunch. Meet Ligonier driving RT. 30

Ago

13. I'll be heading out Friday also. I hope they let me take my car in!

14. Hey Gary, hope your better-half is doing well.

Peg and I are going up Saturday for day trip on the bike.
    The LaSalle is still in too many pieces to recognise right now and the Apache is the " drive-line organ donor".
    I hope the weather holds out, looks good so far! If you see our flame covered dresser along the way say HEY!
    Everyone have a safe weekend.

15. Anybody going to the PID reunion cruise at Quaker Steak & Lube on June 8th?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. unless something changes ill be there

17. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

I would like to go but I will be at the 31st street pub..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Anybody still reading this thread? When is the PID reunion at Sonic ? What about Fiddle's and the Highwater Hoot this year? Where are you Indian Rider?

19. PID at Sonic is Wednesday July 24th I believe. It just so happens I picked up a pair of pie crust slicks to make my 51 look like an old racer. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1373420705.135267.jpg

Dustin

20. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Been thinking about trying to organize a Breakfast at Fiddles--then go up along the river and cross the Fredricktown ferry (its the last one on the river,and they are going to close it) then was talking to Rustic & he said there is an old machine shop up Millsboro or somewhere in that area that would be good photo op & the ferry would be also--then follow old rt 88 to highpoint for lunch & maybe a beer-----Anyone in for that? Maybe some of you have other spots we could stop at too??????

21. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

YES IT IS !!!!!! The "wheels are turning" (pun intended) for the 3rd annual PID Reunion Cruise.

It is amazing how many former drag racers and fans of the former Pittsburgh International Dragway have attended the cruise at Sonic the past ywo years.

Last year OVER 800 cars attended.

I'll be there...... but like Elwood59 our Opel is in "pieces" as well as my Indian. Might have the bike back together by then but with the way things have been going here lately "I doubt it". :(

[​IMG]

22. 2loud2old

2loud2old

I am up for a Fiddles breakfast any time. Still thinking about doing the Eat'n Park thing again in Mon City some Sat. AM I'll buy the donuts. Chevy looks good Dustin!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  23. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Went to the PID thing at Waynesburg Sunday. Event was rained out. A lot of the Mineral Beach guys were there supporting Libratore. Sat with Jibs and Mr. Chevrolet and watched the rain for a while. Would have been nice to see some of the former PID cars in motion again.

24. Mr. Chevrolet is good guy!

Dustin

25. I'm always up for a group cruise if I'm in town and don't have prior plans, the ride through the valley sounds like a nice trip.

Something else to mark on your calendars is the Rally In The Valley next Saturday - Saturday, July 20th in Bullskin Twp. It is a true Hot Rod event and not loaded with Mustangs and Camaro's. The Street Lords CC do a great job with this event and we should/need to support local events like this so they don't go away!

Over on the "Pittsburgh Area Rodders" page a few of us have also been talking about doing a "reliability run" in early fall. The cruise would probably head through the mountains, over to Deep Creek Lake Maryland and then into Blackwater Falls W.Va. Keep an eye out for this on PAR if anyone is interested... I guarentee you it will be alot better than sitting in a parking lot on your lawn chair!

26. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

hey!! quit tellin' people i'm a good guy. i got a reputation to keep up!

27. Me and my big mouth..... Damn it!

Dustin

28. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

YEAH!! and i just got my first BADASS temporary tattoo. can't bathe for a week.

29. Jibs

Jibs

You've got plenty of time, you don't normally bathe until the first of the month anyway.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  30. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Bttt. Anybody that is not going to the Goodguys show this weekend want to get together at MonCity Eat'Park for coffee and donuts Sat morning? This is where the Pgh. Area Rodders group got it's start. I figure like last year, start rolling in about 8-8:30 BS for a while drink some Eat'N Park coffee and eat some Valdasaries donuts then get on with your day. Let me know and I will order the donuts. Looks like the weather will be clear this year. If we get 15-18 old cars like last year that will be good!