Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

my buddy Joe and I were there at 5:30 but checked out the upstairs first. saw lots of great looking car covers.

2. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Anyone headin out to W.O.W tonight?

3. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

obviously you havn't looked outside yet.

4. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

My car is there but I'm not. Had to take wife to Dr today & got back home about 2:00---people were driving like they were retarded---I said hell with it ain't driving to Pgh ,Besides I will be there tomorrow & Sunday

5. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

We'll be there early tomorrorw..... Looking forward to seeing Gene Winfield work his magic.

Will be around most of the day.... after looking around will be hanging out with my P.I.D. buddies in the "Drag City" area.

6. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

A group of 5 of us from the somerset area went down today.

7. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to it.

By the way, I'd say you made a good call Gary. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get from Edgewood to West View today.

8. richie rebel

richie rebel

gene is going to sign my glove box today

9. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

AWW and I thought you would want Danielle from PICKERS to sign it he he:D

10. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Photos Feb.2 You can see the rear of Ronnie's '56 sedan delivery. Can't wait until we can all get back outside in a couple of weeks. Groundhog said "spring is just around the corner"!

Attached Files:

11. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Some more. That GTO is a 3x2 car orig. paint and int. sounded real strong! Low Sall is Ronnies buddy, White bucket seats, body color dash and full painted metal console.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  12. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

No cruises here today 26* and snowing a little Brrrrrr:eek:

Damn,Sam,I hear more from U when you are out there than when U'R here!!!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  13. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Here's a bump for 2loud2old see you at my morning get together Sat and I will post our photo on here soon my phone keeps dropping it when I try and send it I have to go to the store tomorrow to find out why its doing it.
    See you Sat

14. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

I hope you are right.

Ever since that furry little guy made his prediction of having an "early Spring" I have been anixously watching the weather forecasts for signs of Spring weather that is here to stay.

Every year once the "holidays" and especially after the "World of Wheels Custom Car Show" at the convention center are over I really start getting antsy for warmer weather.

Especially "this year" ..... I will be doing things with the Opel I have never even thought about doing with any of the other cars I have owned ..... "body off"!!!!!

I am even "more antsy" than in years past. I am all fired-up after attending the "PID Reunion Banquet" last night. What a "fun time"!!!!! It is amazing that after almost 37 years the memory of those "golden days of drag racing" at Pittsburgh International Dragway is so strong!!!!

Jim Senkewitz (former PID Announcer) and all of his friends who help organize the PID Reunion happenings do such a GREAT JOB putting the events together. They keep getting BIGGER & BETTER !!!!!

This year plans have already been made for more PID events this Summer.... and there is talk about even more events being added as time goes on. Hopefully on day there will be a "cruise day" at the defunct drag Strip in Cuddy, PA.

[​IMG]

After the "phenomenal success" (over 800 cars) of last Summer's PID Reunion Cruise Night at the "Sonic in Bridgeville" the cruise has spawned other events for this upcoming cruise season.

Of Special Note...... The 4th Annual PID Reunion Drag Races & Car Show held at Pittsburgh Raceway Park (formerly Keystone Drag Strip) has been expanded to TWO days of nostalgia drag racing (Saturday & Sunday - September 28 & 29) along with a "Test n Tune" on Friday - September 27th.

So "Think Spring" !!!!! :D

15. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

We have my morning get together tomorrow as a matter of fact we have it all year round one of the perks of living in California...I shall see you 2loud2old tomorrow

16. 48stude

48stude

Hey John, Is there any way I could get a copy of the bottom PID picture? I'm pretty sure that 61 Plymouth is my car. Thanks, Bill

17. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Hey Bill..... I'll be glad to find it for you.... and post it here as soon as I can.

I do way too much "Internet Surfing" to remember exactly where it came from..... plus dealing with C.R.S...... ha!!!!

Going to do a few things in the workshop today.... so I'll look for the picture after dinner tonight.

Now let me think..... "where did I put the workshop keys"???? L o L!!!!

18. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

LOVE California weather..... we'll be heading out there (L.A. area) in late March for the birth of our "grand twins".

While we are there I am planning to catch a day at the 65th Hot Rod Anniversary Show at Pomona on Saturday March 23rd.

Should be a BIG ONE!!!!

See you there?????

19. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

AWW man!!!I slept in---Damn

20. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

21. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Only 2 donuts????
    Wish I could have been there---lots of nice cars & I'm sure nice people too
    Maybe someday---who knows

22. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

23. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

24. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

am I the only one bumping for you guys

25. No cruises or get togethers in Pennsylvania this time of year... Calling for 2-4 inches of snow tonight in the higher elevations after some places got hit with an ice storm yesterday.

26. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

My calendar is filling up fast. Me and some of the Pedal Stompers are waiting for the snow, sleet, and rain to give us a break.

27. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Sounds good to me!

28. Ice man

Ice man

Man I don't believe it. When I lived in New Brighton, we had Larrys Speed Shop and most guys cane in just to gauk at his wife, She was a pretty one. I don't remember hardly any car guys, and Larrys finally folded. Now you guys are comming out of the wood work. Great to see so many. Iceman

29. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Man thats crazy , you guys need to move out to Cali I have my morning get together all year round and we haven't missed one yet because of rain or snow Thank God. it rains the day before or after or later that day so I am very thankful...not trying to rub it in I'm just letting you know we are lucky with our weather here..

30. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

I'm near wheeling, wv and have been going stir crazy, it's rain, snow, grey, cold, freezing then repeat. Begining to think heading west is a good decision. Just want to pull the car out of the shop for a bit