Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Southwest Nostalgia Drags "what did you think"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spikeshotrods, Nov 24, 2008.

1. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Big Thanks To Everyone Who Came Out And Helped Support This Event :D

I'd like to know what you guys Liked - Disliked or ?

I saw a few cars that didn't meet our 81 and older criteria, I have to apologize for that.

I'll Post some pics when I get them downloaded and sized.

What happened Jim we missed ya ------Spike------------

2. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

The best yet! The only thing I don't like is that this event doesn't happen EVERY weekend!

Thanks!

3. Brian W

Brian W

I had a good time! I did notice a small amount of late models, but overall it was right on!
    I'd say I'd like to see some more vendors maybe show up. I went to the Nostalgia races in April (I think) and there seemed to be more vendors. I'm not sure if you organized that event also or not. I did think there was a larger car count this time though and I was very happy to see that so many people made it out to support your cause.

There are already two picture threads going also so I know others enjoyed it as well!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311981
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311717

Thank you for organizing a great event!
    -Brian

4. az/willis

az/willis

i was hoping for a larger swapmeet but i had a blast anyway

5. Glen

Glen

That was a blast.....I had some friends that raced Saturday's ADRA and they told me they had a great time on Sunday too.

6. blown green t

blown green t

Overall I liked the event. I know you don't want to be too restrictive so you get plenty of cars but I think Nostalgia should be 1972 and older. Either way I will be there for the next one!

7. I had a good time and would only change that you limit cars to 67 and below, larger swap meet, more vendors, one ballet per car for voting on car show or no awards at all for car show just perfered parking. Maybe have some bands play. Admission was good price, lower prices for food and drinks maybe. Maybe use the mooneyes christmas show model for your deal.

8. Had a clutch fryin' good time.

I now know that a Centerforce Dual-Friction clutch will not hold 700+ HP. More than one person saw my first run and said they could see the dust blow out when I hit second. The ET show the slippage pretty good too. Second run, I screwed up flat out on my launch and the clutch just gave up giving my most lopsided time ever at 13.8 @ 111MPH, LOL.

All in all there were some great cars out there but the ones I wanted to see run, didn't.

As per our conversation yesterday, less emphasis on the SuperStreet guys that hang out there every weekend and more on us chumps. Heads up, stop light, no index, just stab the throttle and have fun!

9. blown green t

blown green t

I agree with ELpolacko, less super street and more hot rods and street rods. It did not seem very nostalgic with all the newer trailer only cars there.

10. Brian W

Brian W

You know what would be REAL neat is a real flag starter. Of course I'm sure there are rules against this happening, but if you could have a class where the tree was off and the guys jumping 3 feet in the air dropping the flag, it'd sure give it a nostalgic feel! I'm also in with the other comments of keeping the pro's at home for this event. They have all year long to play at the track, let the regular hot rod guys have some fun.

11. Brian, a flag starter could be done.

Steve Barcak
    Host of 7th annual Nostalgia drags, show and swap coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld.

12. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Hello Brian, Yes I've already decided to change the instant green to a flag starter either a young guy that can jump 3ft in the air wearing an Indian Chiefs head dress or possibly a nice lookin "Betty":D.
    Oh by the way, Steve wasn't your race called "Muscle Car Heaven", and are you going to let the buckets run the 1/8th at your event?

13. First of all, thanks for coming, and for giving Ol' Rick a run for his money.

Not sure what you mean by super street. If you mean Super Stock , they have been with us from the beginning . They were put into the program as a "showcase eliminator", meaning some of them don't fit into the program by the actual year cutoff point, but even the later models all have vintage 60's powerplants.
    Years ago S/S was run at all the tracks, on a weekly basis. It has since been replaced with the more ho-hum bracket racing.
    Sunday's S/S was one of our biggest eliminators; the people in the stands seem to enjoy watching true performance cars run,...and so they are here to stay. I am also working on getting some of the A/FX cars back again...by request.

Yes, we would love to have more hot rods attend our races. It seems that some of those guys would rather sit are around in parking lots on Saturday night, B.S.- ing everybody about three- foot wheelstands and the hundred dollar bill story.
    Thanks for your input.