Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwest Nostalgia Drags 3-21-10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spikeshotrods, Feb 6, 2010.

1. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Hey Guys and Gals,
    Our next Race/Show is coming up soon Sunday March 21st 2010, we're very proud be hosting the "Standard 1320 Ron Miller Memorial Race" along with our event. We lost Ron December 31st 2009, he was a great guy and is going to be missed by everyone who knew him.
    Mark and I really appreciate the support of the people on the HAMB and want to thank Ryan for allowing us to use this forum as a recruiting tool for the race.
    This will be our 10th one, we're always looking to try something new and open to suggestions, let us know what we can do to make it a better experience for all....Check out the attached flier for details.......See you at the TRACK......Spike

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

where is this going down??

3. Surprise ,Arizona (NW Phoenix)

..... and we would love to have that '60 here.
    How about a bigger picture?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  4. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

5. Mike

Mike

I'll be there for sure. I'll be racing my 425hp 409/4sp '63 Impala, the "White Shark" if it's ready by then. If not I'll race my '57 Chevy gasser, "Thumper".

See ya'll there.

6. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

i got a cousin that lives in phoenix! maybe time to get the hell out of the ice/snow/rain/whatever the hell else comes along!

7. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

you can look on my album "the 60" and off load some pix. because I DID NOT PUT THEM ON THERE kinda dumb like that. but i did build a lot of the cars on there, and mike "hemi28modelA" had a big part in building them and he is smart enough to run the computer!

8. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Count me in this year and I am sure most of the Sinners will be there as well.. see ya there

9. I should be there too. I'm looking forward to it!

10. Glen

Glen

I've got some good stuff coming together for the event....see you guys there.

11. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Spike and wanted to let you know that I'll be bringing out the turntables and some great wax for your listening pleasure. Im also draggin' out my new band Special Deluxe to rock the mid-afternoon break. Check out some tracks from the band in my signature.

12. nln6pinto

nln6pinto

We'll be there with some inline 6 cars and helpin out with the Flathead/inliner bracket.

13. metalman

metalman

I'm planning on coming. Any HAMB meet & greet on breakfast going on then?

14. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Maybe we could put something informal together? Still plenty of time to make plans.

15. Mike

Mike

I met young guy named Douglas at the Pavillions on Saturday, he has a bitchin' '57 Chevy Bel Air hardtop gasser. Much like my car, his is an old race car, dual quad 327, 4 speed, radiused wheel wells, all the business. I filled him in on the drags and he'll most likely be there. Rgardless of the status of my Impala, I might just have to bring "Thumper" out there to race against this car. It should be a hell of a match up and they will for sure look cool as hell lined up together.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm going to be doing another HAMB hospitality both again, but could use some suggestions as what you guys want to do. Food would be good, drinks would be good, but any other ideas? No one would possibly want to just hang out and shake hands with me all day!!! Don't forget, MINI BIKE DRAGS!!! I've got one up and running, and hopefully 1 or two more by showtime...and I'm training the cutest damn sub 100 pound jockey you've seen! Just got to teach her how to let go of the throttle when she slows down....

17. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Chip, I'll be right there next to ya all da long MC'ing and spinning some records, i'll be happy to help ya out in any way I can. And speakng of spinning records if you guys have any requests drop me a PM and i'll dig through the crates for ya!

18. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Thanks for the support guys, Mark says he's got a field of about a dozen F/X cars coming along with the awesome wheel standing NHRA SuperStock/ Stock Combo he always puts together. The "STANDARD 1320" guys will be Showing, Racing & Cackling their Vintage Top Fuel Dragsters. We also have the "LIONS CLUB" selling "Lions Dragstrip" memorabilia. Chip "Need Louvers" is hosting the HAMB hospitality area. The half time show will feature 1/16th mile Vintage Mini Bike Drags. DJ Nick Flores will be spinning tunes and debuting his new band "Special Deluxe." Don't Miss it ! :D ..............Spike

19. Will tech let me run a jet powered go kart? Well that is If I get it finished... I'm gonna go regardless I think we should do a hamb breakfast.... anyone want to start a group for a meet up?

20. I talked to Douglas too. We were compairing notes on ball joint spacers. Nice guy and his 57 seems really decent.

I just found out tonight that i've managed to bend my leaf springs because of wheel hop. I hope I can get another set of springs for the car by mid March.

21. jerry

jerry

Check with Valley Spring down at 25 st and Washington. A full service spring shop. I've used them a few times. Always good work from them.

jerry

22. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Hey Glen,
    Can ya let us in on any of that "Good Stuff" you got coming together and whats the chances of Justin bringing out that bad ass Torino he's selling.....Spike

23. Glen

Glen

Ya...Justin ain't bringing the Torino, that is just inventory and besides...he would need a day long class on just how to operate it. Its a bracket car with all the electronics, air shifter etc.

Im bringing my 71 Chevy with its new matching trailer and the Model A on it.

ok....here is a taste.

Attached Files:

24. Douglas B.

Douglas B.

It was good to meet both ya guys. I'll be there for sure with the '57. Gettin' some new rubber for the rear as I wore out my last set. This will be my first time taking it down the track so I am excited, and the first time it has seen a strip in at least 25 years or so. Should be a great time!

--Douglas.

25. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Doug!.. you are a block away and never come over what the hell? Lets caravan up there together with kerry and few of our club members/

26. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I've got a bunch of breakfast places out by me(Dysart/I-10) and its pretty quick to take the 303 out to the track from this necko-the-woods. But hell, if only a few of us want to get together I could whip up some killer breakfast burritos.....

27. Mike

Mike

Bitchin'! I look forward to seeing you out there. We most definately need to get our cars together and race each other. I usually race in the Trophy class, there's no prize money but it's $20 cheaper, usually a good size field (more possible runs) and it's generally more low key than the money classes.

See ya there.

Mike.

28. Glen, that trailer is baddass.

29. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55