Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Southeast Gassers - Rules of the game

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by WillyB, Apr 3, 2017.

1. We've had as many as 90 p/c cars show up. It's a first to the finish line race. Fans love it and stay till the final rounds are done.

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Which is the way it should be. I went to a "gasser race" in Ohio a couple weeks ago. I watched races with as much as 5 seconds handicap between the cars. Super boring to watch. I made it about 4 hours, then left.

I keep threatening to build a SEGA car, but that snowballs. Then I'll need a bigger/better truck to pull an enclosed trailer and and enclosed trailer won't fit in the shop as is, so I'll need to add on to the shop....well you see why I prefer to just watch them on youtube. If they weren't all 14 hours away, I would love to see them in person.

catdad49, loudbang and HEMIBERT like this.
  3. savannahDan

savannahDan

What does that mean?

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Maybe what he means by "making improvements" is fixing what the tech inspector told him what doesn't conform to the rules.

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

You can always start in D gas and work your way up if you wanna make improvements.

I have an idea this all stems from the cutoff for the year. Pre-67, he has a 68. Just guessing.
    I have an altered that I would love to campaign, but he has a fender requirement, because it is ....wait for it...............a gasser class.

I can add fenders, but I think I would print the rules, build a new car and then stay in contact with the guys at SEGA for compliance.

I say hats off to @Quain Stott for having the balls to stick to his guns. Very few people do that these days. If you have ever tried to organize something like this, everyone has an opinion and everyone has a complaint, but no solutions.

Here's some reading material for those that are still scratching their head.
    https://www.competitionplus.com/dra...e-factor-for-stotts-southeast-gassers-success

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Lone Star Mopar, loudbang and Tman like this.
  6. Badass cars, good racing, lots of fans...........................I call it a win win! Sure the rules are strict. I haven't seen a racing body that DOESN'T have specific rules. Get over it.

HEMIBERT and loudbang like this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

SEGA rules state 1967 and earlier.

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

OK, I thought it was 65. My bad. I'll fix my response.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Exactly!
    Why do people have such difficulty with this concept? Not just with SEGA, it's everywhere, including the HAMB.:rolleyes:

HEMIBERT likes this.